Hello Josephine - I'm not sure what questions you have asked that I didn't respond to? I think in the previous threads I forgot to mention I had the posterior THR. Thank you so much for your advice. This site has really helped me in this recovery.
I had been feeling really cocky lately with my...
I love AZ too!! No snow +++. AZ feels like a second home to us. Just wish we could spend more than 6 mths there. Apparently the Snowbird Association is working on that. :loll:
I had the block and conscious sedation. I was scared to have it done but it was awesome! You're awake but not really...
Hi Patti - I had the posterior THR - what did you have? I can't believe you'll be up straddling your horse soon. At this point in my recovery it seems like an impossibility. I love my dogs but I believe horses are the most beautiful creatures on Earth - lucky you!!! I now understand why people...
Hi Patti - I'm doing good. My staples were taken out Tues and for the last few days I've been heading outside for small 5-10min walks on my crutches. After 5-10min my butt/side starts shooting pains so it lets me know I've had enough.
It looks like you had your surgery just before mine? How...
Thank you Sullivand - come Monday I will call my case/nurse to see about getting tramadol. I am concerned if I don't take enough pain Meds I won't be able to walk much. I go for my first post-op appt on Tues as well. I really appreciate your input. Thanks a bunch!!!
I stopped my Crestor yesterday and the spasms have ended so I'm really thinking now that contributed to them. They were extremely painful and stopped me from doing any exercises. I tried decreasing my Meds to x strength tylenols instead of the Tylenol 3s. My constipation has really been a...
DH - Darling Husband - that is cute. That is an interesting combination coffee/butter. I heard it was actually quite tasty. I will try that tomorrow morning.
I will print off the mantras and put on the fridge. Another good idea!
Thank you thank you -
Hello Sullivand! Just reading your post with so much support makes me want to cry...ha. I'm on emotional overload....That is just so thoughtful of all of you! I will allow my body to heal. My husband, however, is concerned I'm not doing everything the physio has laid out for me anymore. He's...
Hi Patti - I have just started the statin drug about 3 mths ago. My cholesterol for the last couple of years has been just over normal range so recently Doc mentioned taking the statin drug. I will look up if there is a problem just stopping suddenly and have a break while I'm healing. I will...
Every person I talked to before I had my surgery that had a THR done said - "most important thing is to do your exercises!!" so that's been drilled into my head. I'm glad no pain/no gain doesn't apply here after all. If it takes longer to heal I'm fine with that - I just don't want to harm my...
Hi Jamie - I'm sorry about my posting confusion. It makes sense all bring on one thread.
7:30am - 2 Tylenol 3's ( ratio - lenoltec No. 3 300/30/15 Acetaminophen /codeine/caffeine)
8:00 am - 2 Senokot & 1 colace pill
8:00 am - Exercise - in bed - foot on bed - slide leg up & hold 5-10 sec for...
Hello - I am day 10 after THR. I was feeling incrementally better daily until the last few days. I feel like I'm back sliding. When I stand now and full weight bearing I'm getting sharp pains on the incision area when walking which I didn't before. I asked my husband if he can see any changes as...
Hello - I had my THR done June 16th and what I found useful was the tip I received about putting on satin/silky sheets on the bed. It made it so much easier sliding my legs/butt on & off bed as well as doing the exercises. I got my sheets thru Amazon and they really weren't any more expensive...
Thank you BeachGal & congrats on your walking goal in Paris! It is so wonderful to have support like this and be inspired by the progress of others. It was interesting about your back spasms - our bodies go thru trauma and speaks out to us all in different ways. I am careful to drink lots of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.