Recent content by MaddyS

  1. MaddyS

    New here, TKR in 2 weeks due to AVN

    Thanks for the well wishes all! We've had quite a rough turn around in our plans (my family) due to this knee surgery and sometimes, it's hard to absorb it all! Josephine, the end of the femur is collapsing as the AVN has taken it's toll. I was simply walking around a store, turned to go down...
  2. MaddyS

    Too young?

    45 and having a LTKR on the 15th. I completely understand your hesitation, but like many others said, quality of life matters! And by the time you and I need a revision, hopefully there will be even better options (procedures, hardware, etc..).
  3. MaddyS

    New here, TKR in 2 weeks due to AVN

    Hi all! I"m having a TKR on Aug 15th due to AVN. Anyone else here dealing with that? How did your surgery go and how has recovery been? My surgeon seems confident that I'll do well. But I like to research and the stuff I've read isn't very encouraging. I was just curious as to how it's all been...
  4. MaddyS

    New here, TKR in 2 weeks due to AVN

    Hi all, I have AVN of the left knee (after several months of steroids about 9 yrs ago). After two years of injections, PT, and simply putting up with it, I have no choice but to move forward with joint replacement. The outer condyle of my femur fractured on June 23 and honestly, I'm ready to...
  5. MaddyS

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Hope I'm not too late to the party. I'm having a total knee replacement on Aug 15.
Back
Top Bottom