Recent content by mad dilys

  1. M

    TKR Post op RTKR

    Thanks for that tip Majic, I really want to start bike riding regularly again. I tried recently on an adapted bike, but then notice of my op came through and I wanted my screaming muscles to quieten before I get the new knee.
  2. M

    Will I be able to conquer stairs after surgery?

    I lived without stairs for about 40 years owing to severe arthritis in both knees, but moved to the present Victorian house with very steep stairs less than a year before my first TKR where I live alone. Then and now I find it less of a struggle and quicker to go up like a cat on hands and feet...
  3. M

    TKR Rotating Lever Hinge Joints and Hypermobility

    What a relief to find someone knows what I'm talking about! Thank you for your prompt replies. Thank you Josephine for the x-ray picture, I don't know how to upload one, but I do have a shot that I took on my phone as in the UK the x-rays are stored at the hospital. Mine is a Zimmer RLHJ with...
  4. M

    TKR Rotating Lever Hinge Joints and Hypermobility

    Hi, Folks I had an RLHJ knee replacement two years ago, since when I have tried to find someone else who has recently had this operation to compare notes with, but no success so far. I haven't seen a mention of hypermobility which greatly affected my knees in particular either - surely I'm not...
  5. M

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I'm due to have a Zimmer rotating lever hinge joint to replace my left knee on 13th May 2016 to match the one I had to replace my right knee in July 2014. I think the reason I'm having this particular type of replacement is because I have hypermobility, but that's just my theory.
Back
Top Bottom