Recent content by Ma Dudd

  1. M

    2026 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    I’m back again, left one tkr next on 16th October
  2. M

    TKR Booger's Left Knee

    Hi Booger,your scar looks pretty good at 4 weeks but the swelling can take awhile to go down and most of that is internal which can really affect rom ,I remember at 4 weeks I was icing pretty regularly .The rom can take awhile,it’s a marathon really ,or more accurately in my case a roller...
  3. M

    TKR 3 wks out TKR

    Hi Ziggy55, I had my tkr 12 weeks ago and I remember getting wobbly/nauseated in those early days . It’s such a radical op that knocks your whole system including your digestion,which contributes to nausea too. I would mention it to your doctor though because they might be able to give you...
  4. M

    TKR Yikes! Ive been gone

    Hi Mtdoddles,I sympathise with your needing to retrain how you walk,I always did the heel toe routine but I didn’t realise that when they replace the joint its aligned straight when before it might have been out a bit but that then causes a knock on effect on all the muscles and tendons .I...
  5. M

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    That’s nasty for you ,it happens so easily too .It doesn’t sound like you damaged the joint though but caused damage all around it. I have managed to give myself achilles tendonitis going up the stairs ,strained the tendon ,it’s so annoying .Don’t knock yourself out about it ,give the knee a...
  6. M

    TKR Stairs and heavy lifting

    Zingers can take you by surprise, they were either like a electric shock or sticking a needle in me ! They were certainly odd ,especially when they began in the right side of my knee which was numb and afterwards I noticed feeling was starting to return . You certainly get some weird aches and...
  7. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Yes ,I agree ,I don’t want anyone touching the knee ,it’s pretty stable but numb on one side.I don’t have a problem with the joint as I have pretty good flex or so PT says ,but then again everything here is online .For me it’s putting everything into practice and its the muscles and tendons that...
  8. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Thanks Jaycee ,You and Jo are absolutely right ,I reckon it was going up and down stairs ,I am back to one step at a time ,I think it’s the human condition to always want to run before you can walk
  9. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Well still in early stages at 11 weeks and maybe pushing the everyday activities too far ,I now have a problem with back of ankle pain ,likely Achilles’ tendon (itis) but holding off trying to speak to a doctor as it’s very difficult to get hold of them ,let alone see one ! So I have followed...
  10. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Thanks Maryo52, I think you put it in a nutshell as why so many of us are grateful to Bonesmart, most of us don’t have much idea whats normal or sort of expected, no one to ask , so Bonesmart has certainly provided me and I expect others with reassurance .In the uk there’s some info but it’s...
  11. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Hi all ,wonder if anyone can recommend the best type of shoes or inserts after knee replacement,I am sure my back of ankle pain is due to gait issues ,I reckon a good pair of inserts or supportive shoes / trainers are needed .I tend to wear leather lace deck shoes a lot ( not boater but not...
  12. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    After doing some research ,I found that when they replace your knee it alters your leg ,whereas before you might have had a slightly bow leg or the reverse ,the new knee straightens it all and in my case the likelihood is that in guarding my knee pre op, I had put my weight differently on my...
  13. M

    TKR Ma Dudd’s ongoing rtkr rollercoaster

    Well made it to week 9 and driving again ,beginning to go up and down stairs relatively normally too ,but I wondered has anyone had weird ankle discomfort ,its at the back of the ankle and sometimes seems to click ,it’s ok at rest but worse when I flex it up not down .Any ideas ?
  14. M

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Hi Jellyfingers ,don’t worry to much about the 90 degree bend,it takes awhile for it to improve ,gentle flex exercises will work .I measured mine today and it’s now 20-25 degrees more than when I left hospital and I have only stuck to the exercises that are simple and not pushed it too far .In...
  15. M

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Hi Jellyfingers, glad your calf and knee feel better after rest.I am at 8 weeks post op and I had good flex and my knee was able to be flat stretched out .I limited my physio but hobbled around the house slowly increasing what I did ,it’s a balance and defo a marathon recovery .I set myself...
Back
Top Bottom