Recent content by Lynnallison175

  1. Lynnallison175

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    @kayak59. Sorry for the new stitches, but glad the incision has been closed up. Keep it clean and dry and rest it as much as you can. Glad for the update. My thumb has been achy and painful all day. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  2. Lynnallison175

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Hi Jan. If his truck is too high, a car will probably be easier. You may want to ride in the back seat, so your leg can stretch out over the seat. I did that for knee #1, but couldn't for #2 and I was miserable riding in the front seat with my new knee bent. You are correct to take a dose of...
  3. Lynnallison175

    TKR Hi all! I have a question...<'

    Elzie. The way my doc explained the clunking is that: the bones and cartilage from our God given knees moved smoothly against each other. Those bones and cartilage have no been replaced with metal and plastic and are now held in place with cement. They now make noise, moving against each other...
  4. Lynnallison175

    TKR Hi all! I have a question...<'

    Elzie. Way too much activity for your new baby knee. Kneeling down, walking hills, working 10 to 12 hours a day. Your knee is telling you it needed more healing time and when you didn't listen, it stopped you and forced you to stop overworking it. This recovery is a marathon and not a sprint...
  5. Lynnallison175

    TKR Knee replacement post op

    You may have pain and stiffness for a year or more. This recovery is a marathon and not a sprint. Keep resting, icing, elevating and use your pain meds as long as you need to. Ten days out, is like your surgery was yesterday. Be patient with your self. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  6. Lynnallison175

    TKR Pain 5 Months Post Op

    @Sasha1. You are still healing at 5 months out. Evidenced by the warmth. Ice and elevate as you need too. It will probably be at least a year before your knee starts to feel normal. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  7. Lynnallison175

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    @kayak59. I was told a long time ago, we only get one chance to heal properly. I believe that. I also know that while our bodies are miraculous things, they are not perfect. It is not your fault your thumb incision split open, unless you were doing thumb gymnastics with it (not!) **** happens...
  8. Lynnallison175

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    @kayak59. Please take care of your incision. I had one split open on my abdomen once. Fluid was flowing out like a faucet. Follow Dr's orders. Keep us in the loop when you can. Rest well. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  9. Lynnallison175

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    Thanks, it seems the decision is just like the one for my knees. Quality of life and loss of functionality. That cortisone is a beautiful thing pain wise, but boy does it hurt going in!!! Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  10. Lynnallison175

    TKR Red dots all over 2 weeks post op TKR

    Sounds like it could be an allergic reaction of some kind. Try to get into your primary care doctor as soon as possible. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  11. Lynnallison175

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    @kayak59. Hi I've been reading about your thumb replacement and am so glad that it hasn't been horrible for you. I do agree with you that knees are just an awful recovery, pain wise. I am 8.5 months after my second knee replacement. While I was off for knee #2, I was diagnosed with arthritis in...
  12. Lynnallison175

    TKR Lynnallison175 recovery thread

    Hi fellow Bone Smarties. I haven't posted in a minute, but I'm back to work and life after being off work after TKR #2. I have a question for all.of you. I'm having almost constant lateral pain in my left knee, most recently replaced in October 2016. It's just a dull ache that never goes away...
  13. Lynnallison175

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    Good luck Mister and to your Mrs. My second knee recovery was very different than the first one. However, now I have my life back and you will too. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  14. Lynnallison175

    RTKR Day 1

    Stargirl22. Pretty toes. I agree with you that once the nerve blocks wear off, the price of poker will go up! Stay head of the pain and remember recovery is a marathon, not a race. Good luck. Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  15. Lynnallison175

    TKR Sciatic nerve (???) pain in the butt and outer thigh???

    Tramadol is a step down medication, meaning it isn't very strong, its for moderate pain. At 4 weeks you MAY not think you still need the Percocet, but if you are still in pain, take the Percocet. You will know when it's time to start backing off of it. Increase the hours between the doses. Then...
Back
Top Bottom