Recent content by Lyndam

  1. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    Sorry @Josephine, badly worded question, I wondered how long a while might be - a year or more? He hasn't scheduled a visit, just said come back again if I need to. I could ask my GP to arrange xrays in 6 months or a year, assuming of course there is no recurrence of the pain(s).
  2. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    Thank you @Josephine, I appreciate you looking at them for me and your opinion is valued. I asked the surgeon about the gaps a few weeks ago, see post #21 above, which is why I was double checking with you by asking you to look at the additional x rays. I see the same things as you do, and I...
  3. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    Hi @Josephine, are you able to have a look at the x rays above for me please. To me, the views from the more usual AP and lateral positions don't show the cavity spaces like the one that I sent you about the cerclage wire. Hip is being very well behaved for the last month, which is amazing after...
  4. L

    Hip Infection Excellent recovery until it wasn't

    Thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome.
  5. L

    THR Problems with cerclage wires on femur after THR

    @Bear1, I feel your pain. It appears you have put up with this for going on 6 years, you must be very weary of it all. I only have one cerclage cable, also titanium, at the top of the femur, which has caused me niggly pain for 2 years, recently found to be fraying on the cut end but apparently...
  6. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine, with reference to above post #24, could you have a look at these please. The first two are May 2017 6 weeks after the revision, the next one is February 2018 as is the last one which you have already looked at, but I added it for comparison. Thank you for your time.
  7. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine, I have seen the surgeon and he has the same opinion as you with regards to the metal fraying and bits of debris from the cable, nothing to worry about. However, with regards to post #2 above, he said it was an unusual view but comparing the 6 week post op May 2017 xray with February...
  8. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine, yes, this was 4 weeks ago now, nearly 2 years after the revision surgery for a cracked bone, but that knobbly bony bit on the side of my thigh has hurt ever since surgery, always tender to the touch and I have to be careful how I sit down, due to the pain that bony bit can generate...
  9. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine But that wasn't after surgery, this was after the bursting phenomenon inside my leg! You said unlikely to be bursa bursting from cerclage involvement, what else could it be, any ideas?
  10. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    Several days after bruising appeared I thought to take a photo! So I'm on the mend in these pictures. Thank you.
  11. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine, Sorry to ask more questions, but, in relation to what I thought must be the trochanteric bursa 'bursting', if not that, then do you have any idea of what could do that? Also, in relation to the cement loosening and the probability of another revision - this leg has had two lateral...
  12. L

    Revision THR 8wks post op - more pain than before<<

    @AMR1879, Hi, so pleased you have a cause for all your trouble, it's been a long road for you. I have a similar problem in that I may be looking at a revision of a revision, and my surgeon has previously said he's not going back in there, so I've been thinking, if you had a lateral/posterior...
  13. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Layla, thank you for your kind thoughts, your empathy for others always shines through in your posts, much appreciated. @BionicButt, hello my friend, yes, I was trying to share my cerclage story with everyone but it was edited and my post is a bit odd sounding now, never mind, interested...
  14. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Josephine, Ok, looking at the clip part of the cerclage, the bit sticking out where they trim it off should be the same width as the cable, it was in previous x rays, it is now all withered and frayed, and then at the first arrow below that, looks like little bits of metal just to the left of...
  15. L

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    Well thank you @Josephine, I wasn't expecting that! I've had a look at older xrays and can't see any signs of the loosening on them, having said that, this one was taken from a different angle, I was lying on my left side as that is where the pain and bruising was. Hoping my surgeon will see the...
Back
Top Bottom