Recent content by lwater69

  1. lwater69

    THR KattyAZ post op

    I remember how much I resisted ice with my first surgery. Who wants to be cold? But it really works. Glad you are up and about.
  2. lwater69

    THR Now the proud owner of a brand new hip

    Your recovery is fully underway! :yes!:
  3. lwater69

    Revision THR Lessons learned from this experience?

    Thank you! I had a THR at 25 because my hips never developed normally. They always clicked. I had a swing hip gait. There was LLD. Because I had a neuromuscular disease (charcot marie tooth), my docs cared only about the nerves and didn't look at the skeleton. I did have one doc notice my hip...
  4. lwater69

    Revision THR Lessons learned from this experience?

    Today has been quite a set back. I tried to function without the 20mg oxy overnight but barely got through. I was able to sleep in shifts last night. Today I will get the Rx refilled and my doc said she wants to see me before I need another refill. This is my family doc, I don't deal with the...
  5. lwater69

    Revision THR Lessons learned from this experience?

    I believe I have learned to finally take care of my body. This surgery has driven it home that it is time to take this journey seriously. I'm 48 and have a myriad of disabilities. I have always been able to push through, especially if it was for family. But my kids are aging up and I am now...
  6. lwater69

    Revision THR Lessons learned from this experience?

    Thank you everyone! This is literally the site that made a difference with me. I'm 4 weeks in and likely doing better than I realize. I'm still supposed to be on bed rest but I am active enough to keep things moving. I resolved the terrible constipation with one bottle of magnesium citrate. It...
  7. lwater69

    Revision THR Lessons learned from this experience?

    Hi. I'm currently 4 weeks post op on my right hip revision. My previous implant was 20 years old and saw me through three pregnancies and a fat butt. It's a trooper. I had them save it for me and I think it's still in the hospital bag. This starts as an intro and turns into a whine. I'm 48...
Back
Top Bottom