Recent content by luvsibes

  1. luvsibes

    Now it's luvsibes' shoulders

    Update: I have completed PT of 2x/week for 12 weeks with an excellent therapist. My ortho doc believed PT would help and I wasn't ready for surgery. He was right. I'm now doing a bridge program with our senior gym at the university and working with a personal trainer who consults with my PT. I...
  2. luvsibes

    Now it's luvsibes' shoulders

    Hello Layla. I remember you from my hip journey! I have had my MRI now on both shoulders, am doing P/T and have my ortho appointment with Dr. Klapper (ESPN Weekend Warrior host) at Cedar Sinai in mid-March. Dx from MRI: glenohumeral join space narrowing with osteophytes, rotator cuff...
  3. luvsibes

    Now it's luvsibes' shoulders

    I was just signing back on to Bonesmart after 3 years post left THR as I am being challenged with shoulder and low back pain. The shoulder issue began before the hip replacement and I assumed it was because I was sleeping on the awkward side to keep pressure off my hip. Years pass and both...
  4. luvsibes

    Revision THR Continuing left hip pain

    Hello ebair23! I saw your post and remember you from our surgeries in 2018. I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling. I see the comments about pelvic floor P/T. I was having such frequent urination urges but just chalked it up to aging and talked with my Gyn doc. I did the pelvic floor P/T...
  5. luvsibes

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Shoulder pain - how bad does it need to be?

    Thanks @Jaycey I will lurk for awhile and follow Celle until I make some decisions about what I'm going to do with the shoulders! Today begins my process to take this more seriously! I appreciate BoneSmart and have referred a number of folks to the site for help!
  6. luvsibes

    Shoulder Issues

    Just posted on shoulder forum and in looking through this, I find my post from 2018 related to my shoulder! I guess it has been going on for awhile!
  7. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    Hello All, just a quick check-in to say thanks again for all the support on the hip journey. I love my new hip and all is well with it. It seems that you can fix one body part and another wants to flare. I'm off to the shoulder forum now! It all began during the hip journey, continues to be...
  8. luvsibes

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Shoulder pain - how bad does it need to be?

    Thank you, Lollipop1 for your post. Thanks Jaycey and others as well. I remember you, Jaycey from my days on the hip forum! I am 2 1/2 years post L-THR and am thrilled with my new hip. I spent 4 years limping around to get the nerve to have surgery. Having never had any surgery or even a child...
  9. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    :loveshwr:
  10. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    Thanks Layla! Yes, it's been 2 years. I'm so happy to have the new hip after waiting almost 4 years in pain thinking I could fix it myself! The warm water pool, adapting to chair yoga, and lots of massage and topicals did help but I felt better right away after surgery. I'm back to yoga on a...
  11. luvsibes

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Merry Christmas Surrey Girl! We are post op grads of about the same time and your note just popped up today. It's nice to hear from you. I'm now about 1 1/2 year post and feel about 20 years younger with the new hip. I still have some muscle tightness around the new joint that even being back...
  12. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    I got back on-line here after a notice about another member so thought I'd do a quick post. Everything went smoothly at LAX and MCI airports. I didn't beep or need my letter about my hip. Hubs, however, had to go through a couple of times due to glasses in his pocket he forgot to remove! LOL...
  13. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    Thanks Layla We'll see what happens at LAX. I'll be early and prepared but hope it goes easily. It's a very busy airport with a lot of security. Yes, it's a 50th - class of '69! Thanks for the compliment! All is going well and I feel so much better than pre-op. I'll never wait 4 years of pain...
  14. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    Thank you, Jaycey
  15. luvsibes

    THR Home and Feeling Great!

    Hello Hippie Friends, Has anyone traveled by air in the US with their new prothesis? I have a letter from my doctor stating I have metal in my hip due to THR. I'm just wondering if anyone has flown and if you did set off the metal detectors. I'm heading to a 50th High School reunion in the...
Back
Top Bottom