Recent content by LunarEclipse

  1. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    That case of another 53 year old woman with a ruptured ilipsoas tendon is interesting…I hope I am eventually able to regain some function, as she did. I do fear my case is different, since the injury happened DURING surgery, and I’ve been unable to walk at all since then. If I ignore the pain...
  2. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    I had the MRI Friday night (a week later than I thought, originally.) Got the radiology report and images this morning. The radiologist did not know of my specific pain symptoms & functional deficits, just that my hip was being scanned due to “pain”; I still need a specialist to review the MRI...
  3. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    I had a severe incident with my hip today. I had a very long day with many meetings in hard plastic chairs, in multiple buildings. I covered a few miles on crutches today, much of it while carrying a heavy backpack. I was ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED by the end. Broke down crying during one of the...
  4. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    I actually brought my MOM to one of the appointments with my surgeon - she flew across the country to help out for a week, and joined an appointment :). Recently, OHSU assigned a nurse case manager to my case. She has been a FANTASTIC help when it comes to navigating the system, and cutting...
  5. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Hi Layla, My surgery was on February 9. It’s my left leg. I’m female, 53, athletic (until now), currently 107 pounds (was 116-120 prior to the operation). No need to include all of that obviously! But, I do wonder if my post-op complications could be associated with my having a smaller frame...
  6. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Oh - yeah, he knew about the sudden “lemon” size lump. I called his office to ask them what to do when it appeared. I also made sure the ER sent the CT scan (from the second trip 1-2 days later, when my whole thigh swelled) to my surgeon, and insisted on reviewing the CT together. He insisted...
  7. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Thanks, Everyone! This was a rough week. I fell apart, sobbing, after a long day of meetings, presentations, and then having to zip over, with other people walking fast (and me going TOP speed on crutches), to an auditorium in another building a good distance from mine for another 90 minute...
  8. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    They finally agreed to the MRI today, based on my message that they may have missed something important. They said they had been “trying to hold off on unnecessary tests”. …after nine + weeks of severe unexplained complications. The lack of any sense of urgency on their part, as my leg...
  9. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    So much solid advice from people who clearly REALLY know their stuff! Thank you all so very much. I’ve felt so alone through much of this, with symptoms that I know are just NOT right…it was apparent from the day of surgery something was very wrong…and being frankly gaslit by my surgeon, told...
  10. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Hi Jamie, thank you. This site is an incredible resource! The surgery was a posterior approach. I have a 3 inch incision on the side of my hip. I have some soreness on the outside of my hip, but all the serious pain, and (I’m sure) the reason I can’t lift my leg, is concentrated in the medial...
  11. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Thank you for your empathy and solid advice! Ice has been helpful when I get the shooting, live-wire pains from groin to thigh, and for the similar, intermittent stabbing pain that happens after I aggravate the groin area, for sure. We have a fitness center at my workplace with a pool and...
  12. L

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Hi All, Nine weeks ago, I had THR surgery. I’ve had severe complications since the day of the operation. I can’t walk without crutches, or lift my leg to the front or side - at all. It’s like my upper leg is just dead weight. I really need help figuring out what could be wrong, and how to fix...
Back
Top Bottom