I just had my left hip replaced on 10/26/23. I am eight weeks out from that and doing well. My recovery is definitely hindered by the bad right hip. I will be having the right hip replaced in February 2024, just don't have a date yet. I think what I MOST appreciate about this forum is the...
Swelling comes on SUDDENLY on Day 3 post surgery. Swelling = Pain!!
Take your opioids at the prescribed times and start icing on Day 2 to get ahead of it.
Opioids make you constipated IMMEDIATELY.
Start taking your laxative/stool softener as soon as you get home. Don't wait until you need it...
Thank you for all your comments!
I got lucky and purchased an "open box" Breg Polar Cube with a hip pad for $100! It will arrive next week. (You can purchase other pads for other body parts if you ever need them.)
I am 2 weeks postop and my doctor said that yes, an ice machine really helps...
Does anyone have a good experience with using a cold therapy machine for your hip after THR? If so, which one?
My doctor only has one for knees and shoulders. The ones on Amazon all seem to be for knees and shoulders.
So sorry to hear you are having such pain after surgery. We go through THR because we are already in extreme pain and we want to be pain free. I am one week post op for LTHR.
Prior to my hip replacement, I struggled with severe pain for 3 years. Went to my GP in 2020 and he sent me to PT for...
My hip was replaced on a Thursday. On Sunday, 72 hours later, swelling came on SUDDENLY. I am fighting the swelling with ice and gel packs. Can anyone give a rough idea how long the initial swelling will last before it begins to go down? One week? Two weeks? What is/was your experience?
Thank you for all the support!
There is one thing I wish I had done differently before surgery - order 2 of those hip wrapping gel packs from Amazon for icing. I have 2 coming today. They can't get here soon enough!
My surgery was on a Thursday. On Sunday, 72 hours later, my hip, buttock...
Had my left hip successfully replaced on Thursday, 10/26/2023. No complications! Went home the next day. My surgeon has ordered 4 weeks of in home PT which starts today.
I had worried that I would not be able to sleep on my back. Not a problem! I have no desire whatsoever to sleep on...
I passed my Pre-Op tests at the hospital this week. Surgery is still planned for Oct.26 to do a left THR. I was given 5 exercises to start doing in bed morning and night so I'm being faithful to do those. I ordered a hip kit from Amazon and a toilet rail system for my elongated taller toilet...
Thank you Deb. I am encouraged to hear you have had a great recovery in spite of two very deteriorated hips. I hope for the same result.
I have wondered about having them both done at the same time. I will ask about this. It does seem like it would be better to get it all over with at...
Having my left THR on October 26, 2023. Once I am recovered from this one, I will have the right hip replaced.
My hips have been slowly "locking up" for years until now I have no range of motion on either side. I am getting around with forearm crutches. Found out three weeks ago that both...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.