Recent content by Lucy155

  1. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Hello everyone! Once again time for yet another joint replacement, now my left hip. I thought I'd check on Bonesmart to see if there are new tips and tricks to getting this latest new hip scheduled and me back to normal gait and pain free. As an update, my previous THR recovery was complicated...
  2. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Need some education regarding how easy an infection can happen if I have a colon resection done at 12 week post op? I had an unrelated perforated colon and sepsis, two DAYS after my hip replacement surgery. The colon surgeon did not want to do a resection at the time due to the major concerns...
  3. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Yep, feet up, ice on my back and remote in my hand. I'm not doing anything else till tomorrow at 7:00! I learned my lesson!
  4. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Wow, I'm getting the message that PT isn't the priority at three weeks. I think I agree. I moved from the Walker to the cane 50% of the time a few days ago. Today I did laundry and walked next door to visit with a neighbor. It felt good to "get out". I made wedding soup requiring me to stand...
  5. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Day 11, I think. Pain is minimal, but still have a lot of swelling. PT says swelling will go down with gradual motion increase and PT. The rough start with my other post surgery issues kept me in bed for five days with little PT. A bit behind, but I should catch up. Met with Surgeon...
  6. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Thank you All! I woke up with the same amount of swelling, worrisome. Home nurse and PT should be coming today. They will help me evaluate. Im tryin to do the "resting" part, but I think that will be my challenge. I finally got a shower which was "heaven". Everything I do is an effort and...
  7. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Hi... I'm in bed with ice packs in two locations...incision and groin area, elevated. I can't recognize my leg for the immense swelling. Concerned. In my first week, it's never looked like this. It took a lot for me to get from hospital to home. Let me explain my first week journey. Surgery was...
  8. Lucy155

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Well, I'm on the other side! Total right hip replaced on Tuesday, going home today. Not quite a piece of cake as everyone said. Had a bad yesterday afternoon... following a PT/OT session. Walking to bathroom was tough, followed by bad pain episode... started shaking, not able to calm myself...
  9. Lucy155

    2022 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Hi! I posted quite a bit back then.... total knee replacement... Josephine was one of the moderators who I remember being so helpful. I believe my user name was Lucy155 back then, too. It's my regular call name I use. I'll try and find an old file. I had a different last name back then, if that...
  10. Lucy155

    2022 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Hi! I'm back! Lucy155 here. Used this forum for a total knee replacement 10 years ago. It was truly a great supportive source of sharing. Today I booked my right THR for September 27, 2022. Looking forward to sharing with fellow September Sapphires.
Back
Top Bottom