Recent content by LTKR4Xmas

  1. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Well, thank you for all that. I hope this is the right place to post my update on my total knee revision. So, to recap results from my first surgery, even after a MUA, I never achieved a good ROM. I continued to have pain and pain-disturbed sleep for over a year. It had finally begun to get...
  2. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Spex10, thanks so much. You're the first person I've seen/heard say anything positive about MUA. It's looking like that's what's going to have to happen, as i haven't yet found any PT/physical rehab places around which accept the "Marketplace", so I actually stopped in to check into why...
  3. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Well, I had a 6 week follow up with my OS today. He didn't bother to measure my extension, as it is obviously "straight", even if it doesn't achieve a negative as my other leg probably does. I did ask him to measure my flexion, though. -- We weren't happy. :( I knew I wasn't at 90 yet...
  4. LTKR4Xmas

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    Hello MG, I just read your recovery thread for the first time. I'm a little ahead of you, as my TKR was on 12/19, but I've been through most of what you described (no groin swelling problem!). Totally understand the "electrical shocks" and found the same fix--no weight on the toes/foot...
  5. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Thanks for all of your responses about the numb spots gradually getting better in most cases, or at least to the point of not being bothersome. Good to hear.
  6. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Thanks, @KarriB. I'll go read that now. Well, that reading was sure a roller-coaster ride of emotion!! Just as I was processing the information @Josephine provided about what happens when a nerve is cut and the very unlikely expectation that the nerve endings will heal properly and restore...
  7. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Yes, ma'am, I did. And it reflects that I gave it the Thumbs up (like). There were no questions, and none of the comments seemed to require response. Did I miss something?
  8. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Does your knee quit feeling like numb skin over something hard eventually? Or does it regain normal feeling at some point? Is it due to the swelling?
  9. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Oh, I see. No, I believe it was icing at night which was causing it. As I explained, "cold legs" seem to bring on more leg movement/jerking. That's why a warm bath or the heating pad help.
  10. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Not if you ever want to sleep again!! Why do you ask?
  11. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Yes, I did, Celle! Thanks for the reminder, though.
  12. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Well, it happened again last night, really badly, and I've decided the problem is my Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). If only I could take a hot bath!!! My RLS has been very well controlled by medication for about 7 years, but apparently the ice at night just isn't going to work for me. I finally...
  13. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR TKR 8 months later<

    Great uodate!! I pray the problem has been solved!
  14. LTKR4Xmas

    Revision TKR Failure of TKR

    Hi Karri. Yes, I always ice both front, and back, actually wrapping around on that side as much as possible. Actually, both times that it has happened recently have been while I was icing and trying to go to sleep. It was so painful, I pulled the ice off. I have iced at bedtime other times...
  15. LTKR4Xmas

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    Hello, Highlander! Sorry I'm just now getting here, but at 5 weeks out, I'm still sleeping a lot, and since I didn't find Bonesmart until week 3 and unable to sleep, I'm still reading and learning a lot. I had a very tough time in the beginning as well, and although I'm nowhere near where I...
Back
Top Bottom