Recent content by lovetocookandsew

  1. lovetocookandsew

    TKR TKR Progress

    I recently fell, and my knee/leg hurt like crazy. I did contact my OS as it was a full-on, hit the ground, fall, just to see what he suggested. He had me go in for x-rays just to make sure no bones had broken around the long posts (I've had a revision also and they put posts in when doing the...
  2. lovetocookandsew

    Knee Infection* Third Surgery This Summer

    Congrats on your new knee. The pain can be intense at first, so I'm glad they got it handled. In regards to the PT coming and bending your knee back, please don't allow him to do that. Forcing your knee that way can cause more pain and swelling as the PT will bend it back to whatever he thinks...
  3. lovetocookandsew

    TKR Pain management

    I can't take any opiates, or similar, so my OS had to come up with alternatives. He gave me a nerve block or shot in my knee area during surgery, along with epidural pain relief they put in my back right in the OR pre-op. Due to the epidural, I had to stay in the hospital, but the pain relief...
  4. lovetocookandsew

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    I seem to remember some members with the restless leg issue saying their doctors prescribed meds which helped. If you use our search function for "restless leg", you'll find some other posts talking about it. I hope you can get it taken care of so you can rest.
  5. lovetocookandsew

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    I remember those days of sleep deprivation. It's a very normal occurrence, and, with time, will improve. What helped me was using my ice machine all night long and as much during the day as needed-the cold really did help numb me from the pain, and allow me to be comfortable enough to get some...
  6. lovetocookandsew

    TKR The right knee this time

    @NimbleKnee Welcome back and congratulations on another brand new baby knee! Now that you have a matched set, after recovery you'll be ready to take back your life. Your attitude is great and I hope your recovery continues as it has begun. Please keep us updated.
  7. lovetocookandsew

    TKR Last minute jitters

    I remember those jitters. Surgery is always nerve-wracking, especially when we've been through it before, know what's coming, plus have to deal with procedure changes. Just make sure the meds are handling your pain before you let them discharge you. I was also surprised when I heard they turned...
  8. lovetocookandsew

    THR 19 Months Out - Weak muscles causing problems

    I'm glad you're okay, Jamie. I know how scary it is to almost fall, and how thankful we are when we are close enough to grab something (or someone) to keep us upright. I also know how painful, frightening and awful it is to have the opposite happen, and I'm so glad you were able to catch...
  9. lovetocookandsew

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Hearing you need surgery is always a shock to the system. Hearing you need a revision is another shock. It often takes some time to process the info, and make a decision. I also had a loose implant-the cement had failed, so I had the needed revision. My knee hurt a lot before the revision...
  10. lovetocookandsew

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    I'm sorry you fell again. I know how painful a fall can be, and how emotionally scary and devastating it is to think that it may happen again. My first thought is to always carry your phone with you. You can carry it in a sling bag, purse, neck bag, pocket....whatever works best for you. I take...
  11. lovetocookandsew

    Revision TKR A New Day

    I'm sorry you're having issues and need a revision. I ended up with a revision for what also turned out to be a loose implant. The doctor wasn't expecting that as there were no indications it was loose, other than a lot of pain. But when he went to start removing the old implant, before he did...
  12. lovetocookandsew

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    I'm glad to read your update. What an awful way to learn to take your phone everywhere, but I'm glad the only thing harmed was your dignity, although that's no fun either. I also learned the hard way to take my phone everywhere, although nothing near what you went through. Even now, I take my...
  13. lovetocookandsew

    TKR 8 week post op

    Also, please keep us updated on your recovery, and feel free to ask any questions. We're here to help and want you to have as easy a recovery as possible. Stairs were hard for me also; thankfully I didn't have more than the entry steps into the house to deal with. But, over time, they should...
  14. lovetocookandsew

    TKR I'm Going to Be 100% Honest About This

    I totally understand your struggle. I'm unable to take any kind of narcotic pain meds, so my only pain relief came from icing as much, and as long as, possible. If you do it right, icing is an amazing pain reliever. I iced during the day, taking breaks to walk around, plus I iced non-stop all...
  15. lovetocookandsew

    TKR One week out

    Definitely! I make a list, add all the pictures that I've copied and trimmed, then pasted, then print the list. It doesn't work to make a list for his phone, unless it's an item we always buy, as he needs a large enough picture to see it.
Back
Top Bottom