Recent content by Lovely

  1. L

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    What did you think about the trauma release therapy? Did it help? I am finding it difficult to get beyond 10 degrees of flexion, so I am curious about your experience.
  2. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    Is it normal to have swelling in your thigh, up to your hip at 3 1/2 months out from surgery? I still have pockets of swelling around my knee, which I understand. But occasionally, I will have significant swelling in my thigh and hip area. I don't remember twisting it or particularly...
  3. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    Good to know! I was pleased not to be a barometer for the incoming cold front! :yay: I used to be able to predict weather changes 3 days in advance. I used to think I missed my calling as meteorologist. :rotfl: I'm hoping those days are over. :happydance:
  4. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    I have always taken OTC Advil (800 mg) for my OA. I tried several different NSAIDs with me. OTC Advil is the only thing that does not cause stomach/gastro issues for me. I will ask him about a sleep aid. Thanks, @Celle !! :cheers2: @sistersinhim Thanks, that makes sense.
  5. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    It's a wet 30 degrees here and I am feeling it today. For some reason, I thought that the pain that comes with changes in the weather would go away after TKR. I am not finding that to be true at all. I understand that I am only almost 4 weeks post-op, but I thought that the pain would be...
  6. L

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    I was just telling my husband how much I would love to go into a store, anywhere other than PT, really. The trouble is, I lack the stamina to go anywhere else right now. I had a friend bring groceries to me on Friday and she stayed for a 2-hour visit. I was exhausted!
  7. L

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    Glad you made it home! Sending good thoughts for your recovery. Wishing rest for you. :flwrysmile:
  8. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim That's the only time I consistently take Tramadol (the only pain med I still have available and in very limited supply, with no refills) - at night, before I attempt to sleep. Otherwise, I take extra strength Tylenol and Celebrex. Other than Xarelto, that's all I have...
  9. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    Today, I woke up with my knee really aching. Now, I feel like the Tin Man, in desperate need of an oil can just to move it. Is that normal? If so, does feeling get better or go away? If feels really odd.
  10. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    Wow! I slept more today than I have any single night or day so far. I hope that means that my body is trying to heal and that "corner" I keep hearing about is coming soon. I was also able to significantly decrease medications today. I have kept ice on, but pain medications were only...
  11. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    @Helizabug - Yum! That sounds wonderful!
  12. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    It's 36 degrees, with rain. It sure has been nice not being able to predict the cold front coming in, for a change!!
  13. L

    TKR Dec 9, 2019 And so it begins....

    Congratulations on your new knee and welcome to the other side! :welome: Sending healing thoughts and best wishes from Texas during your recovery. Cheers!
  14. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    Yesterday, I had the grandboys over and we enjoyed our family tradition of making Christmas sugar cookies. We had so much fun! :happydance: It was wonderful to see them and was a welcome distraction. Apparently, it was a bit overly optimistic. By the day's end, I was exhausted and my knee...
  15. L

    TKR Lovely's Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim - He is amazing. I have been seeing him for 12 years, so he knows my knee well. He suggested an orthopedic brace to hopefully buy 10 more years before replacement. That suggestion bought me 12 years. I am so grateful for his approach and willingness to address my knee...
Back
Top Bottom