Recent content by Lovebugs

  1. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Thank you, Layla! I will keep in touch. I appreciate all the caring and guidance from all of you!:kittykiss:
  2. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Thanks to all for your realistic and comforting words. May all the bone smarties find strength and comfort as well! :kitty::kitty::thankyou:
  3. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Hello and here I am, finally updating! I guess I was waiting till I had better news, but that didn’t happen so here I am anyway. You may remember that I had some swelling that was new at the beginning of July. I finally did go to see the physicians assistant to my surgeon on 14 August because...
  4. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    I haven’t been consistent enough with ice and elevation to judge if helpful. (Thanks for the reminder!) Sounds like good advice overall. Thanks! :fingersx::umm:
  5. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    An update at almost 3 months- All has been going well, however, I’ve developed some increased swelling this past week in the knee in general , and there’s a noticeable spot of swelling on the kneecap and just above the kneecap. Oddly, my incision is not straight down the middle, it’s a little...
  6. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Hello all! I had my first session with my new PT today- I liked him! He definitely looks at all the body parts and how they work together. AND my flexion is at 120!! Extension still needs a bit of work, but only 5° off. He likes the way I’m walking and moving and my strength is good too. As...
  7. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    I seem to be stuck with the inflammation and increased pain for the time being. Pain above the knee and sometimes behind the knee. My back is hurting in its usual(several years) area on the lower left. I’m icing and elevating often. I had the same scenario after my first knee replacement...
  8. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    That’s a very good idea- I’ll try it!
  9. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Well, I can take Tylenol but had wanted something to lessen the inflammation, at least for a day or 2. I am not aware of anything besides NSAIDs that will do that. I can’t take oral steroids.
  10. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    I just thought of a couple points about formal PT overworking patients after joint replacement. (which I just allowed for the second week in a row to happen.) 1. One reason that was a positive for me to go through this to get my knee replaced is that I will be taking much less medication such as...
  11. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Good thoughts from all- Glad for the mention of ice packs to work. I do not think I would’ve thought of that. :ice::thankyou:
  12. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Hi all, updating at almost one month post op. Had my last orthopedic appointment today and all looks well- except they put me on oral antibiotics for a short time since there is one tiny spot on the incision that isn’t completely closed. It probably is closed, but they don’t wanna take a chance...
  13. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Whoops, this got sent before I was done! Without being condescending. When we are in pain, plus all the other activities of daily life, family issues, medication issues, etc. it is so easy to forget some of the basic things. And I love the support and kindness that I get here!
  14. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Layla, thanks. You(and all the moderators) strike just the right tone, IMO. Gentle reminders-which I need, new suggestions, etc. without ever
  15. Lovebugs

    TKR Starting recovery

    Thank you. :ice::bored:
Back
Top Bottom