Recent content by Loriannie

  1. Loriannie

    TKR TKR AT 51<

    Hello!! I just had a conversation with my ortho this past week. He said the swelling and stiffness can last up to two years. And with active patients they will tighten the knee a little tighter which will cause a longer period of swelling. They suggested taking aleve for about a month and see...
  2. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    Surgery, November 21, 2017 Answers @ Josephine 3. Ibuprofen 200 mg two times per week IF needed 6. Leg elevation about 3o minutes 7. I own a childcare business. I am on my feet all day lifting kids or playing on the floor with them 8. My activity list Swim 3 times per week...
  3. Loriannie

    Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

    Keep us posted on how you are doing Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  4. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    1. Pain a 2 depending on what activity I am doing could increase to a 4 or 5 2. Slight but will swell with different activities 3. Ibuprofen as needed 4. 120 and 0 5. I dont ice anymore 6. I will elevate my leg after an activity if it swells 7. I do all the normal activity i did...
  5. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    Yes Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  6. Loriannie

    Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

    Yes.. takes a few steps to walk normal Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  7. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    C right between Lf3 and Lf4 Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  8. Loriannie

    TKR Terry's knee story

    I am at 14 months and like you I do everything, swim, hike , bike etc and deal with the swelling .. your swelling looks like mine.. I honestly think this is a very long journey and was told 2 years. We've got to have a life right? Is your knee still warm? The Dr said when the knee isn't warm...
  9. Loriannie

    Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

    Wow good luck with your revision.. the Drs always said one year.. they don't really tell us all the trutht. I am at 14 months pain on the outside is awful, still, swelling, and limping. I hope this surgery will help your pain and give you the knee you were Hoping to have Sent from my...
  10. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    Hi I will answer questions. I can feel the knot but it doesn't show up on a pic Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  11. Loriannie

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    I am finding that a tkr is a long process... hoping you all the best with your recovery
  12. Loriannie

    TKR Set back at 3 months<

    Hi I am 14 months post TKR and have a very painful knot on the front just above the kneecap. Dr said it was a suture that didn't dissolve and to open my knee up to take it out would be at risk for infection. It hurts to raise my leg and I have tried all kinds of massaging to get the knot to...
  13. Loriannie

    TKR Left Knee 9 Month Post Op<

    Hello! I am 9 months post tkr also. I had mine in November 2017. I am right with you on everything you said. I have the go ahead to do anything I want. I swim, work out, lift weights etc.. I have a sore spot still on my outer knee, and by evening it swells.. if my knee gets swollen, or tired, I...
  14. Loriannie

    TKR Four months after

    Hello! I Pushed myself too hard early on and it set my healing back. From experience don’t overdo. Let your knee heal. Everyone is so right on that this is a year long recovery. I’m at 8 months post tkr. I am doing well now but it’s been a process.
  15. Loriannie

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Wow! I am so impressed by your Rom. I am 17 weeks. I am a swimmer and as soon as the stitches healed I was in the water and ohhh it was so painful.. i waited until I was about 10 weeks tkr and it still felt weird but I started swimming with my bouy just so I could swim.. then I started doing...
Back
Top Bottom