Recent content by lopat

  1. lopat

    THR Same me, new joint

    Thanks @Eman85 and @leejaa . You stories make me feel more comfortable. I’m much less nervous about this and actually looking forward to it.
  2. lopat

    THR Same me, new joint

    Thanks guys! My hip is pretty much bone on bone. It got really bad late April early May to where I Couldn’t walk much at all. My knee surgeon had moved away so I had to find a new one. He comes with HIGH reviews. I was scheduled 5/28. 5/24 I had an emergency appendectomy. (So much easier to...
  3. lopat

    THR Same me, new joint

    Hi all, back again. I had a TKR last May, 2019. I am having a THR July 28. Looking forward to getting it donE and being able to get out and move again. I hear it is much less painful and healing time is shorter. how many of you did PT? I’m thinking I want some To help get my muscle tone back...
  4. lopat

    2020 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    I’m back. Had a LTKR in May 2019. Having a LTHR May 28. Very sudden. I’m lucky to have found a new OS (my other moved away) and to get in so quickly.
  5. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    Hey all, haven't been around for quite awhile. After my trip to Disney, I found a lump, left breast. That led to a mammogram which found a small tumor in right as well. Off to Cleveland clinic for 2nd opinion. Cancer in both breast, each one a different kind. Double mastectomy with...
  6. lopat

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Happy AnnKneeversary everyone. Haven’t been around as much. Mom/s broken leg has sure helped my recovery along! I saw my OS just before my Disney trip. He won’t see me again till January. My Right knee is already in The rotation to be done. It is still stronger than my new one but it does bark...
  7. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    Thank you @Zommom, I concede I'm very lucky.
  8. lopat

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    @fenway09 I'm so sorry to hear you’re still in pain. I was afraid that was the case when you hadn’t posted in awhile. Do you think it might be time to get a second opinion? I don’t know you’re whole history but it just seems like there's A problem that hasn’t been addressed.
  9. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    So, I’m back from Disney. Great trip. Learned a few things. I walked roughly 10,000 steps a day. On the day of the challenge my friend and I rode 26 out of 45 ride. She walked over 40,000 steps. I rode most of the. It still walked almost 8,000. We made over 100.00 for GKTWVillage. On Thursday I...
  10. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    Supposed to be heat index of 106 today and 107 tomorrow. I agree about you continuing on at PT. NOT because you’re not very far, but because you have a big trip coming up. Lolol. It was like saying goodbye to family yesterday.
  11. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    Well, I said goodbye yesterday to my PTs. They’ve been so supportive I hated leaving them. My ROM is 125. Still can’t quite get my leg flat, but I blame my calves. I’m off to Disney World on Tuesday. Plan on attempting as many rides as I can in 1 day for charity (Give Kids The World Village) My...
  12. lopat

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    I bought some for my mom on the trip back. I don’t think they get as cold as good old fashioned ice but they’ll do when there’s nothing else to be had.
  13. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    Happy AnnKNEEversary! So, any truth to weather changes making knee ache/hurt? Knee has been fine till Sunday night and we’re back to rolling around in the bed, not comfortable, and bits of pain during the day. Oh, it’s better today but just curious. Anyone have experience?
  14. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    While I wouldn’t necessarily want to do the other knee,(in the schedule with left hip) I could do it now. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
  15. lopat

    TKR Just a little support...

    @Rockgirl4 i was dreading the trip. My knee did yell at me on the trip down. It was red and swelled. I iced it the first 2 day. Wednesday when I started driving, I guess it just gave up. IMO, I had 2 milestones. 10 days and I weeks. Between those 2 there was progress but so much more at those 2...
Back
Top Bottom