Recent content by longisland

  1. L

    TKR What's happened to my knee?

    Hi @19Nell62 I had a similar clicking pinching problem a month or 2 into knee recovery. Mine was a sudden pinching impinging feeling on outside back corner of knee. Felt as if some connective tissue was catching on or caught within my new appliance. It occurred only when I raised my knee to...
  2. L

    TKR 17 months out soft tissue problem with TKR

    So sorry to hear about all your health problems. I also had back of knee pain but I never had this pain prior to my knee replacement. My pt also thought it was caused by lateral hamstring tendon. But mine was not any burning sensation. I had general pulling and pulsing pain and sharp pinching in...
  3. L

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    that was very interesting information about behind the knee pain, pumpkin... the most info I have seen. I thought I was alone in the dark :banghead: about impingement pain behind knee. thanks for posting :thankyou:
  4. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Thank you Jamie for your added info. Good to have a few names because the 1 referral I had, he does not take patients on Medicare. And yes Moriah I was advised also to work on upper & lower leg muscles. I have also been using the foam roller. All has reduced the frequency of my pinching pain...
  5. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    thank you Jaycey for your helpful response. I appreciate all the responses and information bonesmart has offered. You and Pumpkin and Jamie have been so helpful. Stay healthy.
  6. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    @Jamie I haven't posted in quite a while. Am now 9 months post LTKR. Still walking with 2 canes outside for balance and stability. Had a pinching or impingement problem in back of my knee, lateral posterior snapping, like some band getting caught inside or catching on something. These events...
  7. L

    TKR Knee Buckling and Back Pain 6 Months Post Op TKR

    " I have some pain , though minimal, but my knee is unstable and buckles, so much that I can’t walk without a cane or walker, "... My situation has some similarities. I'm 5 months post TKR and still using cane to walk for about 20 minutes at a stretch. I also feel unstable with new knee. Once...
  8. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    and thanks for the MRI link :thankyou:
  9. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Could I get my thread title changed to tkr walking instability. thank you for all your services
  10. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Thank you both for your replies. I thought you couldn't have an mri after knee replacement because of the metal. but maybe things have changed. would love to know about all tissue damage since my difficulty is on knee posterior. never had any problem back there before knee surgery... just the...
  11. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Hi all. I had LTKR back in february 5, 2020. I titled as long island and "3 months ago". I had a snapping problem in back outside corner of knee that resulted in pain spasms in early days. that started my walking instability. my PT and OS thought is was either the lateral hamstrings or the...
  12. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    again, thanks for response. very helpful. me too, dislocating kneecap as a kid:spin: interesting, that lax tendon idea
  13. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    well, glad you are getting a good outcome :) when you said that your tendons didn't tighten up as expected, were you assuming that from your progress or lack of? or were you actually able to view those tendons, connective tissue recovery status on some medical lab result or view? my surgeon took...
  14. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Thanks for reply. How was it determined that your spacer was too small? the alien leg feeling...after the revision? as for walking with a cane...why not continue if it helps? cane is no big deal as for me, unfortunately, I'm using a cane and I still feel unstable
  15. L

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    I am now going into my 5th month post left tkr. I still have knee instability when walking with cane. Nice weather now here and I wish to walk outside but I'm so limited walking with fear of falling. My leg still doesn't feel like an integrated unit, especially below my knee. Once in a awhile my...
Back
Top Bottom