Recent content by Lolli

  1. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Left TKR

    Hi Layla - thank you for that. It’s almost like the two knee surgeries, while very necessary, brought on new problems. With my first TKR on my right knee (Dec2022) it caused sciatic pain in my left hip/buttock. I went on and did the Left TKR Dec 2023 more for that reason than my left knee! My...
  2. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Left TKR

    I’ve got a problem and so need some feedback. All of a sudden last week I’ve begun having sharp nerve pain down the front of my thigh and calf. The thigh pain has decreased but remains in my calf. The longer I’m up walking the worse it gets. At over 5 mos post op I should be rocking along but...
  3. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Yes the nerve pain and numbness are both really tough to deal with. And absolutely zero was said by doctors before surgery to let me know what’s coming which I think is so wrong. With my right knee I had a couple of weeks of feeling like my skin was on fire it burned so so bad. Thankfully I...
  4. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Wow that really is amazing!! Thanks y’all for your replies - always so encouraging!
  5. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Hey thank you!! Doing really well and anxious for the magical 3 month mark! So of course I have what I believe is very typical numbness on both knees and mostly on the outside half of the incision on each knee. Is that something that is usually permanent for most? My right knee surgery is 14...
  6. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Thank you for all that Layla - I do still have quite a bit of swelling and not even just my knee but all the way down my calf and ankle!
  7. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    So I am 5 weeks post surgery and my physical therapist said I’m measuring 90 degrees in my bend. At my follow up appt with surgeon yesterday I told him that number and he said if I’m not at 110 in two weeks they want to do manipulation. What do y’all think of that?
  8. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Yes it’s definitely my quad! You always hear it takes a full year to be completely healed so I’ve wondered about the lingering tenderness when I rest my left ankle on it to say put a sock on for example. Neither the tenderness nor tight feeling have worsened since my RTKR it’s just there. The...
  9. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    I did my RTKR December 29, 2022 and I was curious is it common to still have some slight tenderness just above the knee right about where they began the incision? I also have some tightness in bending my knee / nothing painful just somewhat tight at about 120 degrees… just wondered if I’m...
  10. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Ok thank you for your replies. It feels good to be able to touch base with you guys to know how I’m doing!
  11. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    How long was everyone on a walker before graduating to a cane? Today is 3 weeks since surgery and I’m on a cane. At least for indoors.
  12. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    I did do the icing and it definitely made for some relief and now it seems I’m all done with it and I’m sooo glad!
  13. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    Yes I’m icing a lot and elevating in an adjustable bed. I don’t feel like I’m doing too much - walking around the house 3x a day besides bathroom trips and doing some gentle stretching. I’ve cancelled the home pt after two visits because even after I explained I’m not wanting to do movements...
  14. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Right TKR

    I am now 10 days post op and so miserable. I thought being the second go round it’d somehow be easier but it’s not. This knee is reacting very differently than my right did. I’m experiencing itchy areas from time to time that last 1 1/2-2 hours. Little nerve zings thst are driving me crazy...
  15. Lolli

    TKR Lolli’s Left TKR pre-op questions

    Ok thank yall so much! I’ve ordered the Colace and will speak to my dr asap!
Back
Top Bottom