Recent content by lizzie66

  1. lizzie66

    Dislocation

    Hi Leanne, good luck with your recovery! I know how anxious you can be about every different aspect. I am a worrier too:skep: but I saw my OS 2 days ago for my 6 month check up and he reassured me, like most people on here, that dislocation is v rare. I have some soft tissue damage at the...
  2. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Quick update for everyone who was kind enough to contact me here and also for anyone else with similar problems. Saw my OS today and Xrays on knees and hips showed up no problems. (I worry about the other hip but he told me he hopes it will be fine for years...we'll see...). Then when i...
  3. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Josephine sorry forgot to mention how often. Usually once in the morning so I can head out the door okay. Maybe again in the afternoon if,like now, I am sore but I don't usually take anything at night because when lying down i'm fine.
  4. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Josephine Usually I take 400mg of Ibuprofen. My doc recommended it a while back for the anti-imflammatory part and so i presumed it helped pain and healing. If i take paracetemol it's 1000mg and has little effect for me unless it is for a lighter kind of pain (I have a low pain threshold!)...
  5. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    alexthecat For those of us in Europe, do you know what the equivalent of tylenol is? I take ibuprofen and it suits me mornings to get me moving. I sincerely hope i won't be on it longterm though. Sometimes I also take paracetemol but find it less effective. on exercise, I would never...
  6. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Kim22 LarryG Poppet - fellow sufferers! thanks for your kind works and support. As i said to my hubbie this morning my pain is invisible to everyone else. At least people on Bonesmart really understand! When i had my op I was told I would have a great summer, be well recovered by then. It...
  7. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Hi all! Well I am learning my lesson the hard way. alexthecat and Poppet it feels like I am one of those unlucky ones right now. I am back on 1 and sometimes 2 crutches since yesterday! It is just too painful for me to walk otherwise. I don't really understand it as I really pulled back on...
  8. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    thought I had sent a post to everyone above but it seems to have disappeared Poppet thanks so much for the book title. deffo will look it up.... dtmbf I REALLY like the idea of alternating upper and lower body. that way I would feel as if I was doing something active every day...
  9. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    alexthecat lol at your request for scientific evidence!! Absolutely none... just little nuggets of "wisdom" I glean from googling.... I suppose small things like showering before and after are no harm though may not work at all. my hope is that i will trip across some exercises/tips that others...
  10. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    thank you all so much for your advice and especially for taking the time. I feel more cheerful this afternoon.... I will read thru your exercises more carefully Maeve and try them gently next time I'm poolside. Maeve glynis i well remember your name if not all the details. No haven't been on...
  11. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Poppet thanks for that. I would be interested in looking up that book. I know i shouldn't compare myself to others who seem to fly after surgery (including my father!!!) but it is good to hear I'm not the only one. I am feeling middle age spread and always feel more positive after exercise. I...
  12. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    alexthecat yes, I agree with your advice and once this bad spell passes I will try every other day instead. What I need is a big dose of PATIENCE. My son was having swimming lessons at the same time and I was so excited about finally getting some exercise in that I probably did overdo it. I'm...
  13. lizzie66

    6 months post-op but can't seem to exercise

    Hi! Didn't think I'd be still here 6 months after op (RTHR) but am very frustrated and need advice (maybe even some sympathy??) from others in similar situations. Have felt a lot better than I currently do since the op but everytime I try to get some exercise in (to keep fit, look after my body...
  14. lizzie66

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    I think that's very sound advice glynis Queenie thinking of you with the dreaded flu. It's all you need!!!
  15. lizzie66

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Queenie Hi there! Sorry to hear about your recent hassles and yes, it is very disappointing that you have been treated this way. Sometimes i feel they are only interested in cutting us up and what happens after that they leave to us to figure out with the GP, physio, nurse etc. I had my 6...
Back
Top Bottom