Recent content by lizzicat

  1. lizzicat

    THR 6 months excruciating<

    I am sorry. It is difficult for me to focus. I am on pain meds and have been for 16 years, and 9 surgeries. The pain is getting worse. I have been walking treadmill at PT for 10 minutes. I am bedridden for 3 days afterwards. I saw the surgeon. He blamed the anesthesiologist, his nurse...
  2. lizzicat

    THR 6 months excruciating<

    I am sorry. It is difficult for me to focus. I am in pain meds and have been for 16 years, and 9 surgeries. The only information I can get is via my physical therapist. I see the physiatrist on Tuesday, but no ortho in this city will see me until a YEAR has passed. I have BEGGED to be seen...
  3. lizzicat

    THR 6 months excruciating<

    @Josephine Thank you so much for your reply. I hope I can clarify. By botched, I meant that the surgeon made an obvious error. I believe he is aware of his mistake as when I told him I was still in pain at 3 month check, he walked out of the room, would not even take an X-ray. He...
  4. lizzicat

    THR 6 months excruciating<

    I am sorry if this causes anyone anxiety. My hip replacement from 7/19/2016 was botched. Physical therapist said I need a revision. The pain is causing my entire system to break down as the scar tissue from a 3 by 1.5 inch wedge was cut from my left buttock where scar is. The removal of...
  5. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    I don't have any family :( Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    Hi @Krista I hurt myself yesterday. I went to the market with friend after post op. I'm scared as my hip is 3x the size and feels like I was getting bad cramps from upper thigh to lower calf. I had a social worker come and hopefully I will get some help soon. My mother is angry...
  7. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    Thank you, @Krista. Guess I have to weather a trip to pain med doc. OS nurse told me I need to get my pain managed and do it through him. I wouldn't feel so betrayed if I hadn't ASKED my pain doc and the OS and both told me not to taper. I am so anxious and only get pain levels to 6-7 when...
  8. lizzicat

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Dear Krista, I hope you get your back issues straightened out. No one mentioned to me that lower back is used more after joint replacement? I will need to be extra careful as well, lower back pain is why I first went to pain doc. Hip got bad 12 years later. I will keep you in my...
  9. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    My OS nurse says I need to manage my pain better.... Her words were " hip replacement is a painful surgery". Told her the complex story and haven't heard back yet. That the surgeon told me not to taper prior then acted so surprised and how I refused meds. THE REST IS JUST A RANT I NEEDED...
  10. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    I am sorry for my not so inspiring recovery log. I just sent an email to my OS nurse regarding bruising. A bit concerned that I woke with sharp knee and calf pain yesterday morning. I noticed a NEW Blue bruise on kneecap 12 days in and today it is almost covering my entire knee? The...
  11. lizzicat

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    Hello Lizzi The walk across an olde bridge and a trip to an historical library sounds so lovely. I am an Anglophile and wish the Brits had won the American Revolution or even better, that my parents did not emigrate after WW2 to US. Never felt I belong on this side of the pond. You live...
  12. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    I guess I should Conway surgeon Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    Has anyone felt like they may go crazy from the pain Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    @Cynthia777. Good idea. I think I will go down to one tomorrow. At hospital they told me that they had to "cover their butt" I am still wearing stockings and I know fish oil and DHA thins the blood. I have been taking arnica Montana homeopathics since day 0, and arnica Montana gel on...
  15. lizzicat

    THR Diana's LTHR Recovery

    Is anyone else having bruising that's still growing on day 11? My knee was really sore this morning and noticed their were two brand new bruises that are growing purple. I am supposed to continue on aspirin 2x daily 325 mg. until post op on August 9th? RN said that's one reason for...
Back
Top Bottom