Recent content by littlemac

  1. littlemac

    THR Anterior Approach Hip Replacement/One Year

    Congrats on your anniversary. Glad it has gone so well. I'm in the fourth week on hip number two and 18 months on my first one which went very similar to yours. 9-10 weeks and I was golfing again. Hoping the same woth the second, we will see in mid-January. Your no med and one week to work...
  2. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    I've been busy back at work. Short days to start and now in the fourth week I'm putting in full days. My only major problem I created for myself was about four hours on my feet this past Saturday cooking a follow up Thanksgiving dinner as we weren't in town together on Thanksgiving Day. So we...
  3. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    Glad to hear @hopefulm sounds like you are coming along very well. @xtina16405 thank you. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all get to spend it with loved ones.
  4. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    Sunday I climbed in the tractor and blew out the driveway. All went well with little effort in order to operate the snowblower. My knee on the operated leg has been giving me some trouble, more than I recall from my other knee when I had the right hip replacement. I know that it can be a side...
  5. littlemac

    THR 38 years young with a new hip

    Many of us waited longer than we may have once we knew the outcome. Don't look back, just do what you know is best, elevate, ice and don't over do it. Glad to hear your are doing GREAT! Congrats.
  6. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    @Poppet thank you. Staples out today and X-ray looks great. Cleared to drive and work on no resistance stationary bike if I choose to. Feels great to have the staples out and the tugging gone. Got our first snow today so I'm only using whatever car is in the garage to avoid an ill advised...
  7. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    Well, it's been a busy few days. Off all pain meds now and activity lev is progressing slowly. Making it out for a two hour meeting yesterday. A bit tiring mostly due to the drive both ways. Came home elevated and iced with a good two hour nap. Worked out great. Went to dinner last night...
  8. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    On one crutch or the cane now. Tomorrow I am going to a two hour meeting that I had not felt I would make prior to surgery as it is two days before my post op visit for staple removal. Today was spent in a lounger with leg elevated and icing. Walked hourly more than prior days, all went went...
  9. littlemac

    THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

    Sounds great. The hydro seemed to stop me up. All in due time. Congrats on your pain free night! Keep up the good work.
  10. littlemac

    THR Recovering since Oct. 16 2014 THR

    @Liam Sounds like all is going well. Josephine's comment about the exercise or over-exercise is spot on (as she usually is) My first anterior right THR went great and my OS recommended no PT other than regular walking and letting the body control my recovery. At week nine I started back...
  11. littlemac

    THR Hip Replacements.....Buy One, Get One FREE!

    @Oudabounds Good plan. I was suggesting just that plan to a friend for next year. Evidently he is in for hips and knees. Good luck on number two tomorrow, I'm sure it will go great!
  12. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    Thanks @Jaycey @hopefulm . Good to hear you are doing well. I'm a bit amazed at the lack of issues for me this trip. I have been elevating and icing religiously when I am not out or up walking around the house. Used the cane some again but find one or both crutches is more comfortable so I...
  13. littlemac

    THR I made it!

    Welcome home. Nothing like home cooking and having the support team will be great. Keep up the good attitude, it returns tenfold the healing power in my opinion.
  14. littlemac

    THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

    Sounds like things are improving with your own set of ups and downs that each of us seem to learn as we go. Let your body tell you when too much is too much is a good axiom, hard to figure out though until you've already hit the too much. The good news is that there is light at the end of the...
  15. littlemac

    THR littlemac, recovery began Nov 11

    Friday, day three was a bit early for the cane. Hung out at home and a few friends dropped in. Elevating and ice regularly and more walking. Stopped Oxy Thursday night and only Aleve since then. Friday afternoon had full bodily functions which is way earlier than my first hip. Stayed on Oxy...
Back
Top Bottom