Recent content by Lisybug

  1. Lisybug

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    inthebeginning and ptnanny you guys will walk wherever you want soon. I can walk all day on my one good leg!
  2. Lisybug

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Thank you vetgirl I hear ya ptnanny I woke up this morning and said happily I can't wait to get this over with...last year I was in super bad shape pretty overweight and totally out of shape (I was 9 months postpartum and had been on crutches 6 months) and about 3 weeks after surgery I felt...
  3. Lisybug

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    That's great news 55beachgirl yours went amazingly smooth! Great advice too. Only 4 more days now ptnanny & hipnothoppin!!
  4. Lisybug

    Bad Hospital experience last year hoping for better this year

    So I'm up for my second THR one week from today. My hip is great but I really need to talk about what happened last year I had the surgery. It went great but the next day I was all messed up from the anesthesia and the PT came in and got me out of bed and sat me up in a chair with my operated...
  5. Lisybug

    17 years old and getting a THR

    Hi Janey I know I'm a bit older than you but I really feel for you I was born with hip dysplasia and just suffered with it my whole life I am 29 and in 7 days will have my second hip replaced because the one I had replaced last year at 28 feels great and do not have one regret! I know that once...
  6. Lisybug

    ....new hip, delivery date 12/13/13......

    You have come to the right place bonesmart is a great comfort You are not a baby at all I was scared to death and had to wait two months with a dislocated hip it feels wonderful for that awful pain to be gone
  7. Lisybug

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi guys it's been 1yr and 2 months since I had my LTHR after an awful hospital stay I got home and got better slowly and my new hip is great but the pain in my right hip became pretty apparent 3 wks post op I then lost health insurance I did not get to go to PT and have suffered with one bad...
  8. Lisybug

    THR Red Shoe is Singing on the Other Side

    Congrats red shoe! I'm so glad to hear the first sapphire is on the other side and doing fine.:)
  9. Lisybug

    I have a date - September 17th!

    Awesome sassypants I'm going in 7 days before you! We're in Michigan so I hear ya on the ice and snow part. I'm really interested about what your surgeon has to say about failed epidurals I had 2 failed epi's during childbirth so I had general anesthesia last year for my first THR but I would...
  10. Lisybug

    GA vs Spinal

    I'm so sorry butterfly for your loss and horrible experience I haven't completely made up my mind yet but my experience last year was quite awful maybe it had a little bit to do with GA. Thanks for all the great advice guys I really appreciate it!
  11. Lisybug

    GA vs Spinal

    One more question do you have the tube down your throat with a spinal?
  12. Lisybug

    GA vs Spinal

    Hi I had my LTHR done last year under General Anesthesia I chose GA because of having 2 failed epidurals during childbirth the year before so Im debating it again should I try the spinal or with having 2 failed epidurals before should I just stick with GA?
  13. Lisybug

    tattoos

    I'm so glad you asked Joanna I've been wondering about getting another tattoo since my THR last year but keep forgetting to ask by the way I have 2 that hurt way less than surgery:) good luck!
  14. Lisybug

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Recovery went pretty smooth with no complications I had a very bad hospital experience which scared me so then recovery was slow I had just given birth to my daughter 9 months earlier and totally overdid it with following hip precautions to the point where I was stiff as a board by the time I...
  15. Lisybug

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    I'm glad it's almost over with having one side done already I know it's gonna get a lot better but mostly feeling like this:shocked: a lil tiny bit stressed lol
Back
Top Bottom