Recent content by Lisbanne

  1. L

    2025 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Second TKR left is scheduled for 10 February. I didn't think I would have to do my left as the right had been an accident. Torn meniscus in left and immediate bone on bone. So here I go for #2!!
  2. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    Massage has helped rom for sure. Pain is still present, not sure how normal that is. It's not intense just nagging.
  3. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I went and had a real massage 2 March and when I had pt today my ROM was 110 and +5. It feels so much better I scheduled another massage for next week!!
  4. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    PT today was better!! Younger therapist willing to do different things. Got to 100 and + 5.5. Came home and am icing and elevated now. Thanks for all the support!!
  5. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I am 9 weeks since second surgery and a week and half since MUA. ROM is now 100 and -5. Muscles are sore and some seem still asleep. Best pain med now is ibuprofen. I have physical therapy in a little while and I'm already feeling anxious. I see the surgeon next Tuesday.
  6. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I did have an MUA on February 19. That day was great! I had total movement and felt great-it was the medication. Next day everything hurt and I'm crying through PT. Not sure what to do now....any suggestions??
  7. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I saw the surgeon last Thursday. He is not happy with my ROM. I am at 80 flexion and -8 extension. The picc line was removed last Friday. That was a relief. The pain comes and goes anywhere from 1-10 depending on the activity. He wants to do MUA next Monday 12 February. I'm afraid of the...
  8. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I know when I fell there's parts of me scattered across the floor. I'm not sure how much damage was done. Any thoughts of how to progress?? I called the surgeon again about pt schedule, waiting for a return call.
  9. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I was afraid they wouldn't provide anymore so I have started using them for pt sessions only.
  10. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    The medications list is short. Diazepam 5 MG, percocet 5-325. I haven't been taking them except for PT days. I am taking eliquis, they found a blood clot in my calf after the surgery on December 29. Paroxitine, for depression colace, prebiotic. In the picc line I get daptomycin and...
  11. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    There wasn't an operating room available for 2 days after my fall. I spent 2 days laying in a hospital room waiting for an operating room. So yes the fall was December 27 and the revision surgery was on December 29.
  12. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    The original surgery was 20 December 2023, the fall was 27 December and revision surgery was 29 December to repair damage after fall on the right knee.
  13. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    This started as a right TKR. I did fall and break the incision open. Hospital couldn't get an operating room for two and a half days. So the surgeon replaced the plastic parts washed and debried the area and put the leg in an immobilizer for 5 days because of all the trauma. I am walking some...
  14. L

    Revision TKR 2nd surgery week after 1st because of fall

    I had my first surgery 20 December 2023 on my right knee. On 27 December I twisted my ankle and went down on TKR and busted the entire incision wide open. The second surgery didn't happen until December 29. Then I got a picc line for antibiotics for 6 weeks to ensure no other problems. The...
Back
Top Bottom