Recent content by Liphip

  1. L

    THR New pain a year later

    Well, apparently the pain I had in my back on March 28th was a tear in a disc which herniated on April 17th. I had back surgery on May 7th. I am only telling you this because I am made more aware of how helpful this forum was for my hip surgery. I can't find anything like it for recovery from...
  2. L

    THR New pain a year later

    Thank you, @Josephine.
  3. L

    THR New pain a year later

    Yes @Josephine, the orange dot is where the pain is.
  4. L

    THR New pain a year later

    @Jaycey That may be the problem. I hardly notice it today because something I did this morning (probably getting up and down off the floor with my kindergarten class) I did something to my sacroiliac and I can hardly bend over. At least that is the diagnosis my fellow teachers and the internet...
  5. L

    THR New pain a year later

    ER2F, slightly into DR2F. @Josephine
  6. L

    THR New pain a year later

    I haven't checked in for a long time and things have been going well. Recently (a couple weeks) I have started to have pain in the upper front thigh of my new hip leg. I can't say when it started exactly but I did buy a recumbent bike that I've been using off and on for about 30 minutes at a...
  7. L

    THR One year up-date

    This thread is very interesting to me as well. My first surgery was January 7th. Things are going well but I too am beginning to feel twinges in my left leg. They have probably been there awhile but the pain on the other side was so much that it covered it up. Now that I know what that pain is I...
  8. L

    THR Leg twitches

    Thank you sharonslp. That is very good advice. How disappointing that you missed the sea turtles but how awesome that you went with your daughter! I'll keep a close eye on the other hip. I sure hope it stays good long enough for me to have some fun for awhile.
  9. L

    THR Leg twitches

    Thank you Queenie! I haven't done Pilates much at all but I'll look into it. Our swimming pool is a seasonal thing but I heard yesterday it is scheduled to,open in May. I have never learned to swim but I could do the water aerobics they do. It is practically across the street from our house so I...
  10. L

    THR Leg twitches

    Hi Bone Smart! 10 weeks today. Doing ok although still stiff after sitting and pain at the top,of my thigh. Anyway, my question, should anyone know, has to do with my other hip. My surgeon said I would eventually need a replacement on that side although the X-ray didn't show bone spurs yet. He...
  11. L

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Happy Birthday tomorrow or maybe it is already here on your side of the waters! I hope you have an awesome day and feel young! You are, you know, compared to me along with lots of other bone smarties! Have you done anymore dancing? Have your hubby take you back to the pub with jazz. I'm jealous...
  12. L

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Oh Queenie, I hear thee! They are so nonchalant about any question you ask and I am such a people pleaser that I just nodded without thinking till the 5 hour trip home! Did they at least do an xray? I have read on this forum that if you have real concerns you should go to a different doctor...
  13. L

    THR Leg twitches

    Just checking in. I'm 8 weeks out today and doing better all the time. Most things are little victories like being able to put my pants on standing up without support but they are important to me! My energy level is improving too. I noticed last week that I had a little something left after...
  14. L

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Hi Queenie, Just wanted to echo Glunis and wish you well at your appointment. I'm sure you have already done this but write all your questions down. I thought for sure I would remember all mine and drove off without asking a few. Here's to you and no restrictions!
  15. L

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Good morning , Queenie, although you may have had your delicious lunch by now. I am enjoying spending a quiet morning in my pj's. I love the four day week we are trying at school this year. Fridays are heavenly especially when you are still recovering from hip replacement. I agree with HHH...
Back
Top Bottom