Hi @Grammyof2.
I don't think asking for who you want to work with is a bad thing.
You just seemed to click better with the new person than the person who you were with before.
I'd ask when you could start working with the new guy.
What could they say?
@Grammyof2.
Seems like the guy knows and cares more.
You should be able to have a say in who you see and who works on you I would think, or who you think is better for you?
I think I'd be switching OT's if I were you unless you signed a contract?
Hello @Grammyof2.
Not too concerned about the typing as the ortho said that I could still type, but of course would not be able to use the thumb.
He said that he basically wanted it to be immobile for 6 weeks I think it was what he said?
I am retired too but teach corrective thinking part time...
Been watching your recovery G-of-2 as it appears that I will have to have this procedure done too.
In fact both thumbs are bad.
This past April started to have stabbing pain in the right CMC joint and was told it was Arthritis.
Gradually gotten worse. In the middle of May had a cortisone...
@amyhere
Update
I have now had two OS opinions on what I should do regarding my situation.
One OS said that I needed to do a revision.
The original OS said to just leave it alone for the time being and try to live with it as I will probably not be much better off in the long run even if I...
@CUFlygirl
Since the radiologist who read the results is having difficulty coming to a conclusion perhaps getting someone else's opinion to read the results would be worthwhile since the radiologist will not commit to a forthright conclusion. Not only that but what does your new OS say about...
@Celle
I have had two OS opinions on what I should do regarding my situation.
One said that I need to do a revision.
The original OS said to just leave it alone and try to live with it as I will probably not be much better off in the long run even if I had a revision.
I am scheduled to see...
You know what?
Full recovery takes between 12-18 months, or maybe longer.
I as you was not one of those that had "fast food/drive through recovery"
Much of that thinking is based on what kind of shape you are/were in prior to the surgery.
This is not an easy surgery for the many of us.
For many...
@Jaycey;
Not sure if you could find a physician who specializes in just "revsion surgery"?
While they might be out "there"in my area they are a few who do revisions but finding one who does revisions exclusively and nothing else might be thin at best.
The OS I saw last week said that he did...
@sarahd62 Not sure yet.
Still trying to decide who I want to do the Revision.
It's between 3 OS's and have seen one for a consultation and have my original next week and 11 days later going to see one that is in the same network as the first one.
Does the hd in your handle stand for Harley...
We want so bad to be "normal" and think that our recovery should be easy.
I was told by an OS two days ago that after a full revsion which I will have to have in the very near future that I should be able to go back to my part time job in 3-4 weeks.
Can you imagine?
I remember what shape I...
Well here we are 4 months later.
Went to another local OS a 35 year veteran in the field who does the "Reconstruction" work at Monument Orthopedics where I live the other day and was told that I need a "Revsion".
Needless to say I was not AT ALL pleased.
If I choose to get the surgery there I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.