Recent content by Linda1

  1. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Yes, I put a bed pillow under it. I stopped using the wedge. I haven't been icing as much as I probably should. I'll try to do it more often and see if it helps.
  2. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Layla, Thanks! Sometimes it feels like it's been a year or more! I'm still in PT and my bend is 125 and extension is between 1 and 2. PT is happy. I was able to get in the car and drive without any problems. On the down side, after the prednisone was out of my system, a good bit of the pain...
  3. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Thanks, I didn't think about getting in the car from that side. With having r hip replacement too it might be interesting!
  4. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Thanks!
  5. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    I'm happy to say that the prednisone has really helped. My pain decreased so that I was able to do my exercises. My flexion is 120 and extension 3. I'm slowly getting there! It's feels great to be going in the right direction. Of course I still have pain off an on, but it's manageable...
  6. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Well, I'm at 6 weeks now. My pain has never really let up. Last week I could barley put any weight on my leg. I saw the surgeon's PA Friday and she said it was inflammation. She put me on a high dose of prednisone. Friday evening my pain was less and I could put weight on the leg again. I...
  7. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    I had my 2 week check-up today and stitches were removed. The PA was very happy with the way things looked and how well I can walk and move. She said the pain is normal and I should be reaching the point were I notice an improvement. I was given a slip for out patient PT. I'll start next...
  8. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Took everyone's advice and told PT I was still having considerable pain. He was very understanding and did some measurements and we walked some outside. I was surprised he wanted me to walk in the grass instead of on the asphalt driveway. When he measured my leg while straight he said -8...
  9. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm taking it to heart. I did go to church today, but other than that and short walks around the house I've been in my recliner. I still have moderate pain even after taking my meds and just feel so tired and uncomfortable. PT is to come tomorrow and I won't...
  10. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    I've been doing all the regular stuff. Cooking meals, washing dishes, running sweeper, keeping bathroom clean, making sure dog has fresh water and food, laundry. My husband will gladly do these things, but I'm the type that can't sit. I need to be up and moving.
  11. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    The pain from PT the other day hasn't gotten any better. My home health nurse called the doctor today to see if I could increase my pain meds. I was prescribed 5mg of oxycodone every 4 hours. They said I could take 10 mg every 4 hours, BUT only 6 pills in a 24 hr period. I don't see what I...
  12. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    Thanks for checking on me. Fingers crossed I haven't had any more muscle cramps. For day 4, I guess I'm doing ok. I had PT today. He did not force or push me. He had me do 10 reps of the exercises. Even though it was an easy session boy did the pain set in. Tonight I'm just sitting with...
  13. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    I keep swapping out large ice pack wraps. They do help! Tonight I started getting muscle cramps. They aren't too bad yet, but I think I'll call tomorrow and see if I can take a muscle relaxer. I have some on hand from an older problem.
  14. Linda1

    TKR Linda1, I'm home

    selketine, thanks for asking. When I got home a nurse was waiting for us. She gave me a pain med injection. I felt much better after and taking my oxy every 4 hours has been keeping the pain in pretty good control.
Back
Top Bottom