Recent content by Lilibet80

  1. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Hi everyone! I’m finally getting back here. I’m too tired right now to go into detail, but here’s the gist. My MRI May 12 was a mess…so many possibilities, most requiring surgery. My surgeon wanted to rule out an infection before doing anything else, due to my labs. So he sent me for an...
  2. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Hi all, I stopped PT a week ago. It was causing pain flares no matter how careful I was. The PT thought it was a good idea to see if the MRIs pinpoint a cause before continuing and I agree. My lumbar MRI was its usual mess. My PCP referred me to my back surgeon to see if there’s any tweak he...
  3. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Thank you both for your thoughts and suggestions. :)
  4. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    It’s been an interesting week so far, Layla. PT on Monday and pain specialist today. Sorry this is so long! I’m back to the original physical therapist, which is fine. He didn’t add any exercises because of the pain I’m in, which was good. As I mentioned, I can do the sitting exercises without...
  5. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I saw a different PT today (more for balance issues). He was very informative and stressed listening to my body and stopping if the pain increases very much even while I’m doing the exercise because it means I’ve gone beyond what my body is ready for (as you said @benne68). He wants me to keep...
  6. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    My physical therapist did say that the exercises would increase my pain temporarily. Based on what he had me do today just to learn the exercises and how I felt all evening, he wasn’t kidding! The exercises (except for walking) didn’t hurt while I was doing them, but definitely revved up the...
  7. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I had my first visit today with my physical therapist. My surgeon ordered PT because I can’t straighten my leg and stand up straighter (I’m never straight due to back issues). I like him. He gave me some really easy exercises that don’t hurt. But I made sure he understands the pain I’m in. Of...
  8. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I was supposed to see the pain specialist today, but about 5” of snow interfered. I rescheduled for next Wednesday. The snow was pretty though. :)
  9. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Thanks @Deni444. I haven’t tried a TENS machine, but I’m aware of them and will look into it further. I appreciate the suggestion. :)
  10. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I had the nerve conduction study today. Had to lie on my back which was painful…not a good position for my hip. But I survived. Now I’m done in. ‍ He said there is a pinched nerve at L2 that could be causing the pain down my leg. But he feels I should have an MRI. Oh goody. He said that if the...
  11. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Here’s the latest. My surgeon returned me to my PCP as of yesterday to deal with the pain. This makes sense and I was glad. So my wonderful PCP got me in for a telehealth appointment today at 5:30. He’s referring me to a pain specialist of course. But he also ordered a nerve conduction study to...
  12. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Thanks Layla! I wish I could say the Journavx is working, but after a week things are the same, unfortunately. I’ll keep taking it and keep hoping. I’ve had a good week though, with several friends stopping by, which is fun and distracting. I finally feel up to visitors, so that’s an...
  13. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    As I suspected, my surgeon did not know how much Journavx costs. I talked to his MA today about something else and told her. She was shocked and said she’d tell him. I told her about how to get the discount. That’s something I appreciate about my PCP. He always checks the cost of a new Rx he’s...
  14. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I feel as if the pain is back to normal today, after a couple of days of using fewer ice packs. I did have to get dressed and go out this afternoon, which is painful, so it could be from that. It will be interesting to see what the Journavx and a couple of days of my remaining steroid do. Thank...
  15. L

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Good news! Our pharmacy (that doesn’t normally accept coupons like Good Rx) was willing to use the card from Journavx and bill the company after my Part D denied it, which it did. So we will only pay $30 for a month’s supply and the pharmacy will get the difference, which in this case is $862...
Back
Top Bottom