Recent content by likenew

  1. likenew

    2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    I am scheduled for my Left total knee on March 22, 2016. My other knee is nearly 7 months old but I'm still not fully excited about it. Hope it continues to improve in the next 6 weeks.
  2. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    I am nearly 6 months right total knee replacement. I have this tightness across my patella. I read an article in the library written by Josephine on this issue. It does sound like it is due to the incision healing. The discomfort worsens with walking and stairs. I have an appointment with my...
  3. likenew

    Almost but not quite

    If your surgeon feels you are cleared for surgery then I would proceed. Rehab is great. I spent 12 days in Rehab and it was so helpful. Keep in mind if you are on narcotics you may not be allowed to drive. The Rehab unit I was at transports patients after discharge to their PT department without...
  4. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    Thanks for the advice. I will be under the supervision of my therapist and I trust her.
  5. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    Thanks for everyone's input. And dc is used intend of typing out discontinue. The therapist is keeping me on weekly visits to start more strengthening of right leg muscles with weights. I will probably only have another 2-3 sessions then I'll be released from care. Thanks everyone.
  6. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    Thanks for all for the comments. This is a great website. I went for a 6 week check-up with the OS and everything was positive. I can dc my Coumadin, start using our hot tub and swimming pool with treadmill at the Rehab center. My extension is 126 degrees and flexion is 0 degrees. Also, can...
  7. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    Thanks for your information, especially since you have had both knees done.
  8. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    I am sorry to hear about your lack of pain medication before PT as it does make a world of difference when exercising.
  9. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    Thank you. That gives me a general idea of what to expect.
  10. likenew

    TKR Tightness Across Patella

    I am 5 weeks post op from my right total knee. I am requiring 5 mg Oxycodone every 5-6 hours in the daytime and 10mg Oxycodone at night. The night pain usually lasts 4-5 hours then I take 10 mg of Oxycodone. I am sleeping pretty well my therapy is going excellent. I am 125 degrees flexion and 0...
Back
Top Bottom