Recent content by Lel

  1. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    Thank you so much for your replies- it is so encouraging to read other December knee people's views. Fortunately there are few stairs where I work but there are some at front- with a rail and I seem to go for ages without progress, then suddenly this week I felt a little easier going up and down...
  2. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    I am now four and half months after my op. I've worked hard on my ROM and its around 95-100 which I'm really pleased with. There are lots of positives- I have returned to work full time and I am walking a lot better. However- I still get a lot of pain around my kneecap, I struggle with stairs (...
  3. L

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Hi- I loved your comments about those who had made miraculous recoveries! I have heard of those who leap out of bed within hours and are all singing /dancing :happydance: I honestly believed that would be me and yet I have found this journey one of the most difficult I have EVER had to take in...
  4. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    I am now 5 weeks post op - still doing all the gentle exercises- especially ones which increase ROM . icing and elevating. I have just changed my anti inflammatory drug to Naproxen as the big concern is still my ROM. It is a rather worrying 55-60 degrees. I've read a lot of articles and very few...
  5. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    Thank you to everyone who responded. I have slowed down, and now guests have gone from New Year, have spent some time reading articles more carefully. I plan to continue with more of this over the next few weeks and stop trying to be superwoman. :dancy: ( I have stopped walking around with my...
  6. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    I had a very, very tough session at physio yesterday- it was only my second one in four weeks due to holiday closures. My physio seemed very concerned about my ROM which hadn't changed (50degrees) and the stiffness/tightness around my knee. She has given me different exercises to deal with this...
  7. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    Hi Josephine- thank you for the time and energy it must take to go through all these posts! My pain level hovers around 6 and is mainly focused on stiffness and soreness, although there are odd occasions when it seems to "catch" if I've been in the same position for too long and then move. This...
  8. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    I had my right TKR on December 4th. Its the first time I've ever had a major op and was the combined result of sporting injuries from younger days but also severe osteoarthritis which is hereditary. I have coped with it for a number of years but was so limited by what I could do, made the...
  9. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    Thank you- I will read the articles- after all, for once in my life I have plenty of time!! I will up date as I continue with my knee journey, I assume I continue with this thread- or do I start a new one? I am rather rubbish at this kind of thing- my favourite trick at work is to panic and call...
  10. L

    TKR My recovery feels like it is to slow.

    Thanks Roy- how will I find it if it is moved? I'm not a very technical person- in fact it's taken me a while to work out how to put a post up in the first place!
  11. L

    TKR Lel's Recovery Thread

    I was going to post a similar message to the one at the start but it kind of covers everything I'm going through. I'm 47 and three and a half weeks post op. All the literature I saw pre-op spoke of a magical "six weeks" when it seemed everything would return to normal. I was so glad to find this...
Back
Top Bottom