I am a former runner, both knees replaced, 2017 2018,, started walking for exercise and notice lots of people biking on the trails we walked, started biking in 2020, I highly recommend it, much easier on the ole bones than running and you can still get a good workout,,
Funny you should ask , could have almost flipped a coin as to which on to do first, Left knee was worse,, shorty after replacement surgery on the left, my right one got much better,, I did have it replaced a year later.
This is a big problem with knee replacement, 1st knee I was 7 weeks before I got a full night's sleep. This one, #2, I am 12 weeks out and still have not slept all through the night, toss and turn lots.
Good luck. I do get somewhat comfortable with a blanket between my legs.
Robert, I was also offered the out patient option, I declined on both knees, I didn't want to put my wife thru that,, I did go home early the following day, I used walker both times for about 3 days,. first knee, cane for about a week, #2 used cane longer as I had more issues with walking, snow...
Newboots,, Yes the left on did remind me that it was also done,, But I wound up doing a lot of stretching with both,, I really gained the most flexibility on my exercise bike, knee #2 I was able to go completely around before week 2.. Work will be a challenge but I have a job where I can sit or...
Ok,,here is my up-date, Dr. visit last Friday,, extension-0 flexion 120 Cleared to go back to work, after 8 weeks. Did all my PT at home by myself, Thanks so much Bonesmart, I still check in almost every day to see how other people are doing,,
I had spinal for both of my knees, scared to death of needles, gave me some good stuff to relax me before they shot me up,, No problem at all.. hardly felt anything,,
Hang in there Maxi, Sleep is a huge problem,, goin thru the same issues as you , seems 2 hours is the most I can sleep, On knee #1 it was 7 weeks before I slept thru the whole night..
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.