Recent content by LeftKnee123

  1. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    Hi all, I cancelled my February hip surgery, trying some PT now. The PT thinks I may have CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) set off by my TKR almost 2 years ago. A neurologist mentioned this possibility to me quite a while ago but referred me to another Orthopedic who started focusing on my...
  2. L

    enroute clinical nutrition program for pre- and post- surgery

    BoneSmart posts help once again! My surgeons office has also offered this Enroute nutrition program. If it’s anything like the Ensure drinks, lots of people have gastrointestinal problems with them (like me!). Not what you want going into surgery. Feels like another money maker taking advantage...
  3. L

    THR First Knee, Now Hip

    I am using a different surgeon for the hip. He is closer to home and I was not too happy with my knee surgery experience. My arthritic hips surely don’t help my TKR. Maybe the arthritic left knee and unsuccessful TKR contributed to my hips deteriorating. ???? As far as my second and third...
  4. L

    THR First Knee, Now Hip

    Thank you for the replies. I am very anxious about doing the surgery. @Eman85, my TKR has left me with much less range of motion than before surgery but my biggest disappointment is that I can’t walk even 1/8 of a mile without pain.So just simple things like grocery shopping or a stroll in the...
  5. L

    THR First Knee, Now Hip

    Thank you all for your support. It helps so very much. Can I change the name of my posts to “First Knee, Now Hip”? Reading through the pre-op info and it is very helpful. I could never imagine how people had a second , third, fourth or even more trips to the replacement table but here I go down...
  6. L

    2025 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Hi everyone, February 12 RTHR scheduled. Joint replacement #2. Had LTKR February 2023.
  7. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    Scheduled for right hip replacement on Feb 12 2025. Had LTKR Feb 15 2023. Having flashbacks. Well I already have my cane and my Lounge Doctor pillow from that surgery and now I have BoneSmart going into this.My knee never felt better, actually worse than before surgery. Now the hip has me...
  8. L

    THR First Knee, Now Hip

    Scheduled for right hip replacement on Feb 12 2025. Had LTKR Feb 15 2023. Having flashbacks. Well I already have my cane and my Lounge Doctor pillow from that surgery and now I have BoneSmart going into this.My knee never felt better, actually worse than before surgery. Now the hip has me...
  9. L

    THR Stiffness but no hip pain

    I remember that after my TKR I CRAVED chicken breast and would devour it. My body was definitely telling me that I needed that protein. Another thing that I think really helped was taking Metamucil ( psyllium seed) daily both before and after surgery. I believe that kept me from experiencing...
  10. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    Wondering what others experience has been in being prescribed pain medication prior to joint replacement. Tylenol is not doing it and I am allergic to anti inflammatory medications. I inquired about something stronger for the pain and was told that they won’t prescribe anything else because “ it...
  11. L

    THR Stiffness but no hip pain

    @Denni444, I read your thread with a lot of interest as I am in a similar situation and “feel your pain”. Ihad my left knee replaced in February 2022 and have not been comfortable since, actually worse than before my surgery. I have since been told that both my hips are in terrible shape and...
  12. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    Not sure if I should be posting here or starting a new thread, here’s why:Since my 2/23 TKR, I have had on going pain and inability to walk comfortably. Have been for second and third opinions with just being told that things look good and some people just dont do well after TKR. Now, for the...
  13. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    @EalingGran, I am actually referring to a “nuclear bone scan”. I did undergo an MRI in the spring that showed only some swelling under the kneecap. Although the doctor indicated that this was of no concern, the nurse practitioner said that she thought they used too large of a knee cap in my...
  14. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    @2chains, What if anything was recommended to you based on your bone scan results? How are you doing now?
  15. L

    TKR Long Recovery

    Jamie thank you so much!!
Back
Top Bottom