Recent content by Leftie

  1. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    After a looong break, I thought I'd make a few notes here. It's about 15 months post-op now. I'm concious that a lot of people here are having difficulties, and I wish them the very best. But for me, the operation and recovery went like a dream. I've all but forgotten the operation and all that...
  2. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Thank you Layla! Being honest, it's still not perfect, which is fine. I still feel a little stiff sometimes, also the knee on the operated leg is sometimes a little sore. But I'm doing lots of activities so I guess that's really to be expected. But I'm actually forgetting about it completely now...
  3. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Twelve weeks tomorrow since my right THR operation, and I have a spare moment at work so time for a quick update. It's still going really well - I'm back playing tennis now... mostly doubles but one set of singles. I did feel a bit tired playing singles, and I think my movement wasn't quite what...
  4. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Thank you Layla! I love the way you nudge us to keep in touch and share updates - I think you're doing great work to help a lot of people, it's very generous of you. As for me, well it's still going great. I'm very lucky. At this point I often forget about the operation completely - I go about...
  5. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    A quick update here: the soreness I had when putting weight on my operated leg has gone :) I iced it for a while, and I also took an iboprufen tablet the next day. I think one or both of those things did the trick (plus just taking it very easy for a few days). It's been 5 weeks now and I'm...
  6. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Thanks Layla, that makes perfect sense to me. I'll follow your advice.
  7. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Thanks everyone for all the replies. As I said everything was going superbly but this week I've come back down to earth a bit. The last few days I've found it quite sore to put weight on my operated leg. I seem to feel a pain right in the middle of my hip. It's not excruciating, I'd put it at a...
  8. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Me too. In fact my impression is that a lot of the recovery happens when I sleep at night. Every morning I seem to suddenly have something better: walking is easier, or getting up and down the stairs goes better. Then as the day goes on, some little aches begin to appear. And I'm pretty...
  9. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Ah so that's what ODIC stands for! I read it in other threads and couldn't figure it out, even Google didn't know :) I hope my story makes nobody feels bad if their recovery is slower - I guess everyone is different and we all get there for sure, but just at our own pace.
  10. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    OK it's been 4 weeks for me now, since my THR on the right hip. I haven't been great at writing updates here, but this is a quick summary. Overall it has gone really well for me. I was pretty strong and fit going into the op, so I guess that helped. After about 10 days I ditched the crutches...
  11. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    OK day 6, and at the risk of being accused of rushing it, I took my first steps with no crutches today! It was only for a few steps around the house. But my plan is to still use one crutch most of the time, also when going for walks outside. Separately, I'm starting to ease off the painkillers...
  12. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    @djklaugh Thank you for the comprehensive reply! My op was actually done on 30th May (so I guess strictly this is day 5 now). "BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better." - I find that really interesting, and important for me! Because in the past I had ACL surgery, and that...
  13. L

    THR Recovery going really well

    Hi, I've just registered on this site, although I did read it a few times in the run-up to my op. I've just has a THR of the right hip, to be specific as my surgeon's office put it "an uncemented hip replacement with a Corail/pinnacle implant." It's been 4 days since surgery and so far it has...
Back
Top Bottom