Recent content by leenie60

  1. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    Layla It happened so fast and there was simply no stopping it. My arm feels not to bad. Have had a few twinges in my back and my left quadrant isn't quite right. I have taken muscle relaxers last 2 nights and bruise hasn't worsened so I think all will be good. Good to hear from you.
  2. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    I am so glad you are okay! It is very scary. i think if I had fallen on my knees the outcome would he different and not good. I've had both knees replaced too. Slow and steady is the best. We feel good though and forget to watch out.
  3. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    Hi friends! Well this year was off to a good start until I tripped and fell at work the other day! Let me say, that I believe I am A-ok. I was coming out of an office at work and took a hard right, right smack into a 5 gallon Rubbermaid garbage can that caused me to end up turned around and I...
  4. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    @Layla - thanks for the info on your approach - I think I have done it the way you describe more often than not so perhaps it was the way I did it that time that caused the discomfort. HHmmm Can't say I'm going to test it again anytime soon. Thanks to you and @Mojo333 for being concerned...
  5. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    @Mojo333 I've bumped my scars a couple times too and that definitely doesn't feel good. My right incision oozed right up until 2 days before I returned to work when I was finally able to stop wearing band aides.
  6. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    Hi All! I have been back to work since Nov 1st so my absence definitely means I'm getting my life back! The first couple of weeks were short weeks and my accounts took several days to restore so they were basically unproductive days but I did get to walk around, get acclimated and show my...
  7. leenie60

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    6 wks with small ongoing open incision due to internal sutures
  8. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    My 6 week followup went well except he removed 2 more sutures that popped to the surface... Doc feels bad but there is no infection which is most important and if necessary call him. Return to work 11/1 which will be 8 wks post op for the right and 15 wks for left. If i choose to, I can stop...
  9. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    I was able to remove the toe nail polish from my feet and trim my toe nails ever so slightly. It wasn't "easy" and I was huffing and puffing afterwards with that ouchy kind of breathing followed by a slow unfolding from the position. More positive baby steps.
  10. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    Last week (wk 5) I had 2 more internal sutures removed which meant more and continuing bandaids. Nearly a week later and it's still slightly oozing. See my doctor for my actual 6 week followup on the 17th. As long as it's open I am not going back to work. My goal is by end of the month. We'll...
  11. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    With all of the restrictions to protect our hips, it's hard to know what we can do to tone the rest of our bodies. I went for a walk on the boardwalk at the beach today and stopped along the way to stretch my back. I also did the marching move and can get the left hip to 90 degrees or close to...
  12. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    As a side note, I noticed I am having some difficulty standing up straight. @Mojo333 was it a comment from you where you mentioned a similar issue? It makes my back sore and I think it's improving although I am not certain. Would be great to hear others chime in. Have a great and beautiful day!
  13. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    @zauberflöte you gave me a chuckle about videoing the sutures. As for the cane and driving i think he saw me walking or my own volition in a matter of days between appointments and he knew that the freedom to get out and about would do me good and it has. I figured out that the achy leg is...
  14. leenie60

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    Hi so I have had 2 visits with my surgeon since I got the staples out 2 weeks ago. Today is 4 weeks. Last Thursday I went to see him due to the bottom of the incision oozing pus, not closing properly and being swollen. He removed an absorbable suture that was going the wrong way! Not 4 days...
Back
Top Bottom