Recent content by LDB63

  1. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    Kurt, you don't have your knee? Wow... so they are going to do a 2 stage revision... they kept my knew knee in. They're just treating the infection... I would have felt better with a new one on order. Do the 2 stage revision to clean out all infection... I still may insist. That seems to...
  2. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    Hi Kurt, OK... we are going through the exact same thing. I had a bad TKR last November that steadily failed. I also had tested for bacteria and none was found. Just had my revision surgery 9 days ago. I was in the hospital for 1 night. The second night (first night home) I received the...
  3. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    ****11 MONTH TKR UPDATE***** 1. My swelling was caused by a failed TKR - the swelling is the direct result of the unit moving about inside the bone. My surgeon did not fit my knee correctly. 2. first sign of a problem. I could NEVER do a "clam shell". At 9 weeks my physical therapist had me...
  4. L

    TKR Groin pain

    I sooooo remember! So the bed time issue is big! I would have a long king pillow under my leg or between my legs for sleeping... always changing position. My poor husband! I don't think he slept a wink! I think I turned the corner in the 3rd week... Once I was stable on my feet I felt ok...
  5. L

    TKR Fast Recovery

    You're doing great! I was doing great too! Same thing... walking with my poles, feeling good! Just cautioning you... as you feel better and better you will be naturally doing your thing... and your thing may be simply too much. If you start swelling badly or pain… you've done too much. I...
  6. L

    TKR I year anniversary

    Hello! I had my left knee done on Dec. 6th so we're at about the same stage of recovery. I've made some mistakes of late overdoing... that's how I found this forum... Three weeks ago my PT got more aggressive and my knee didn't cope well, having massive swell events... I have just decided...
  7. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    Thank you so much everyone! Yes, I'm convinced I need to take it easy! I love the analogy of it being my new baby or a toddler... That fully resonated with me... (I had 4 children) I just started work... made it through a half day the first day and all day yesterday and today I've have been...
  8. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    My Surgery was Nov 6th 2018... I'm beginning to think it was the clam shell exercises I was told to do... It really hurt me the first time at the PT appointment that started all this mess. He also had me standing on the balance ball... it was fun but way too unstable for my knee... and the...
  9. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    I just read Meloxicam can cause swelling... I was off it for about a week at 4 weeks... and I was much more swollen than the norm then without it... so maybe not.
  10. L

    Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

    Hi All, My desperation has caused me to turn to you. LOL my Doctor offers no answers! So at 9 weeks I was the poster child of a successful knee replacement ... I'm walking trail, feeling great! then I went on a short walk only 8 blocks or so and went right to PT after (I had forgotten all...
  11. L

    TKR 3 weeks post TKR

    Ahhh Yes... I remember! I started using Tylenol PM and It has been a dream! I haven't slept better in years. It got me through those first weeks! It's non addictive and it truly helps... I asked my doctor if I could just keep on taking it and he sad yes! It's ingredients are Tylenol and...
  12. L

    TKR Non opioid recovery

    I'm 12 weeks post op - I did not use any pain killers except Tylenol and Tylenol PM I stopped Tramadol and Oxy after the first week when I stopped being able to taste food, was emotionally very compromised, and couldn't sleep! Low and behold I was having a reaction to the meds. I was perfectly...
Back
Top Bottom