Recent content by Law

  1. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    It doesn't seem to have helped my knee any. But it seems to helped the sacroiliitis!
  2. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Doing steroid pac now in the hopes it reduces inflammation in my knee. Still doing some exercises and went back to barre, Pilates and tap. Nothing too crazy. But no real improvement either.
  3. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    So, no, pt didn't help much. I'm still doing my spinal exercises twice a day and have added in other exercises to try to work on the quad. But I'm going to see a knee specialist as soon as I can get in, there may perhaps be an arthroscopic procedure they can do to clean out The scar tissue that...
  4. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Thanks so much. Well I'm going to try some more PT now that we have a more specific diagnosis on the knee itself. Unfortunately because I had the back surgery earlier this year I only have about 7 sessions left, so I'm somewhat loathe to use them all up. So I'm going to do a few and hopefully...
  5. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Welp, I got new X-rays and mri on right knee. Seems I have some patellar bone spurs but the continuing tightness seems to be caused by what they now say is tendinosis of the quad at the knee. So a shot won't necessarily help that because it's not inflammation, apparently that ship sailed. And...
  6. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    What I didn't realize was that it should have been an MRI for the pelvis not lumbar, but the lumbar did show I still have a herniation though they think it was there before and somewhat chronic and as long as I don't have similar symptoms to leave it alone. He didn't see any fluid around sacral...
  7. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Year and a half later: hip is great. I often forget it's fake. Knee enthesopathy persists. Was improving till back problems started in Jan in when I had to stop everything and now it's awful. SO stiff. Developed sacroiliitis (didn't even know what that was) a few weeks ago, going for MRI to...
  8. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Knee Enthesopathy is worse than ever. I go to back surgery follow up on Monday, it's been 6 weeks, so it should be time for pt. I'm going to emphasize how bad the knee is and I would think we will work on that since it is the right leg which is the leg affected by the nerve compression in the...
  9. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    It's such a drag. I was still dealing with the knee enthesopathy but the hip is great! And then this...which also hinders my ongoing job search...good times here, lol.
  10. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Yes, I mean, I had no idea, but after the pain moved down my leg, it was pretty clear what it was. The nerves take very specific routes! My surgery was this past Tuesday. It's out patient, which totally shocked me. They had me up on my feet in a few hours, and then sent home! The incision is...
  11. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    @daisyduck0801 when I went to the er the first time, they poked around because at the time, my pain was more groin than leg. And my immediate fear was my hip, so they pushed around there and it hurt, so they decided it was bursitis. Which very well may be, but in my case the issue is the...
  12. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Thanks. Had surgery yesterday, out patient, feeling pretty rough today.
  13. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    Happy one year to me. No celebrations here though, I'm having a microdiscectomy next week for a herniated disc L4-5. Didn't have this on my Bingo card.
  14. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    I can never figure out how to quote on here so I'm replying to your comment above about the Voltaren. I had just read that it's not approved because they don't know how effective it is based on the location of the hip as opposed to an elbow or a knee which I guess are easier to reach. My primary...
  15. Law

    THR Laura's THR - Tight Knee on Op Side

    It appears I have bursitis now too....I'm ten months out. This is pain like I've never had before, except maybe an infected tooth once. I went to er yesterday because I could barely walk. They took X-ray and hip itself was ok. But she pressed in a certain spot on outside of hip and that hurt a...
Back
Top Bottom