Recent content by ladydi

  1. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    Hi, all! I am happy to report I am doing so, so much better this time than I was in September with my LTHR! I don't know what factors figure into this - possibly I was better prepared as I knew what I was in for! Seriously, everything just seemed to go better right from surgery day. I...
  2. L

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    Thank you for the well wishes! I wish all of my fellow "hippies" a very speedy recovery!! All I want for Christmas is a new right hip ---- a new right hip ----- a new right hip!! Tomorrow is my big day! I am so ready to have this next surgery behind me so I can begin the recovery process!!
  3. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    Oh, my goodness! I love the two new hips! Thank you for your words of encouragement and kind thoughts! I am grateful to have found this caring community of incredible individuals who have been through or will soon go through these life-changing procedures!
  4. L

    Going Commando & 'Ahem' ?'s

    Oh, those delightful TED hose! All in all, it sounds like there is considerable variation in hospital requirements (or surgeon expectations) and protocol. I guess there is not a one size fits all approach since each person and each case is truly unique!
  5. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    Thank you so, so much! I, too, want to get back to a normal or "new" normal way of life. I can't wait to have this next surgery behind me instead of facing it! I had my pre-op lab work completed yesterday and going to the dentist for clearance in that department today! I will be thinking of...
  6. L

    Worried my hip replaced in March will suffer when I have surgery for other

    Good question! I begged my surgeon to do both at the same time and he quite adamantly refused! So, I had my left done September 13th and will have my right one replaced on December 23rd. I had the non-cemented posterior approach and I am just hoping my left leg is strong enough to make it...
  7. L

    Going Commando & 'Ahem' ?'s

    I don't know if my input will help any or not, but here goes! I was required to get fully dressed each day I was in the hospital. This included socks and tennis shoes for therapy. So, I bathed bright and early every morning and was dressed for the day well before breakfast! I never wore...
  8. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    Thank you for the links to articles! The illustration on energy drain really hit home with me! Also, I had to laugh at myself when I read the article on bananas because after I got home from surgery, one of the items I kept requesting from the grocery store was bananas! They just sounded good...
  9. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    Thank you so much everyone! I had heard stories of people going back to work after just four weeks and I was thinking no way for this chick! I mean, I was in so much pain and my energy level was basically non-existent so I knew I was in no shape to return to work at that point. I also thought...
  10. L

    THR Looking for Brighter Days!!

    I had my LTHR on September 11, 2013 and will have my right one replaced on December 23, 2013. My quality of life has deteriorated tremendously the past couple of years and I am anxious to get these surgeries behind me so I can get on with recovery and living! I think I expected to bounce back...
Back
Top Bottom