Recent content by LabLoverUK

  1. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Hi ljrfrm, 13 weeks on was still very early days for me. I have to be honest and say the stiffness has been one of my biggest problems. I still get quite stiff now but it is definitely getting easier. I fine the exercise actually helps reduce the stiffness (even if I get stiff again later!)...
  2. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Hi guys. Thank you. I have been meaning to post for a few weeks now as I know that when things were really bad for me all I wanted to hear was that, given time, things get better!! I can't pretend that it has been easy. It has been a really tough road and I have worked really hard, but nearly...
  3. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    I thought it was about time for an update.:dancy: Back in February when I had my bilateral knee replacements I was in despair, I simply couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I am nine months post-op this week and I am a new woman. Virtually no pain, back in the exercise class as...
  4. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Thanks guys!! I am also so thankful my hubby found this site as it does make you realize what is realistic and what is not!! I now see 6 weeks was supremely optimistic and it really helps when people who have been there and done that tell you how it really is!! My goal, at the moment, is walking...
  5. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    That is so true Andrea. I have had big surgeries before but obviously not this big on both knees but i don't think either myself or my husband expected it to be this tough... and I thought I was quite tough!!! I am still struggling with bend but working really hard to get it going. Still...
  6. L

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hi again Danlovesmary. I have just noticed that you had your surgery the same day I had my bi-lateral TKRs! We will struggle on together and get there in the end!! I have dogs too (2 labradors) and I am desperate to walk them again, but having to be patient! At the moment walking the dogs by...
  7. L

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Hi there. I am also new to this site and very thankful my husband found it because it makes me realize so many others go through the same issues. I am now 13 weeks post bi-lateral knee replacements (just turned 50) and have had huge problems with swelling and stiffness. At about 4-5 weeks post...
  8. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    :thankyou:everyone for all your positivity!! I feel better about everything already. There is no doubt I have made huge progress over the last 3 months when I actually think about it but sometimes you are so desperate to get where you want to be you forget where you have come from!! It is...
  9. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Thank you guys. Nice to meet you! I appreciate your replies. C:thankyou:
  10. L

    Bilateral TKR Having a bad case of the post bi-lateral blues

    Hello all, my first post here so please be gentle. I had a total bi-lateral knee replacement on 5th February after a lifetime of knee pain and op's due to congenital knee problems. I'm now stiff as a board in both knees and still finding "normal" walking uncomfortable, even though I have done...
Back
Top Bottom