Recent content by lablover64

  1. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    Update: I ended up going in for an MUA. My surgeon changed my PT team and I went every day. The new team was much better. They were encouraging, positive, and didn't try to force my knee at all. They advised me to rest and elevate often and gave me home exercise suggestions. Before I knew...
  2. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    ROM was 62 last week and 57 today.
  3. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    Had a horrible day at PT today. I cannot get comfortable in the car and I drove myself to therapy. I had been doing the exercises and thought I had some improvement. They measured my flexibility and it had decreased since last week! Again, they pushed me to have them bend my knee forcibly...
  4. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    I just got a call from my surgeon's office. Seems my PT called him and told him I was not progressing quickly enough and they thought he should see me sooner than the 11/19 appointment I was originally given. So, I'm going on Monday, 11/04, the day after my birthday. I don't know what to...
  5. L

    TKR lindakay’s recovery thread

    That's exactly what I believe. I don't understand what is to be gained by rushing everything. Time has always been the best healer.
  6. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    I went to PT and told both therapists that I would do any exercise until it caused pain and would then stop. I also told them I would not permit anyone to forcibly bend my knee. They stammered something about not getting the full range of motion, that there is a small window of recovery and...
  7. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    Thank you both. I never thought about telling the PT that I would not allow them to bend my knee like that but you can bet they'll hear it tomorrow. I feel that everyone heals differently and they are trying to make me adhere to some schedule they arbitrarily came up with. I'm going to tell...
  8. L

    TKR One Year Post Surgery

    Sounds like a hospital stay is almost tougher than the one-day surgery I had. I have to say, having had 7 previous surgeries in 3 different hospitals, the surgery center was a breath of fresh air! I had 2-3 nurses around from start to finish and never had to ask for a thing. They monitored my...
  9. L

    MUA Is my PT rushing my recovery?

    I had left TKR on October 7, 2019. I attend PT at a facility owned by my surgeon's practice. I went twice before surgery and have been twice since. I cancelled my last appointment because I couldn't make myself go. Two therapists bent my knee forcibly and I screamed and nearly passed out...
Back
Top Bottom