Recent content by KsKid

  1. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    @HippyHappy @Nivea, I agree - we all progress differently in our recovery and need to use the walking aid we are most comfortable with. Our reasons for surgery, the actual surgery process etc are all different so could affect our recoveries. I have a feeling you both are doing well! I agree...
  2. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    i think I was lucky, I've had no external bruising at all! Thanks @Josephine
  3. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    Thanks @Jaycey and @Josephine. I wondered about posting my question on this thread. Thanks for combin the two. I'll be patient and let the hematoma be. Do they cause some discomfort or is what I am feeling probably attributed to the normal healing process?
  4. K

    Bending restrictions

    I only had pain in my right, but according to the MRI the left has OA too. I think my Labral tears were more significant in the right which enhanced the instability of the joint. The surgeon found that the cartilage in the acetabulum was folded in half and was fraying. I had bone on bone on...
  5. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    Good Morning All! I had RTHR (posterior) February 13th, 2017 and am 5 weeks out. I still have swelling - some significant towards the bottom of the incision. I am unable to wear my normal pants yet. I can get them on, but it becomes very uncomfortable within a couple of hours. The PT...
  6. K

    THR dysplasia<

    @Kiwi71, welcome! I was diagnosed with bilateral hip dysplasia April 2016 after 5+ years of hip/thigh pain. Long story! I changed OS in November as the original surgeon told me to wait until I was 65-70 for hip replacement. I had my RTHR same day as you. I like you had hopes that I would...
  7. K

    Bending restrictions

    @tanjam, sorry to hear what your OS told you. That would be so disappointing. I am hoping there might have been a miscommunication between you and the surgeon. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to call and ask for clarification. I too had posterior RTHR due to hip dysplasia. I...
  8. K

    Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

    Glad you are finally getting your THR. Delays are tough! Praying all goes well. We look forward to hearing how you are doing!
  9. K

    Anterior vs Posterior Hip Surgery?

    My surgeon does both anterior and posterior. However, I have moderate hip dysplasia and he chose to do posterior to ensure he could see the hip joint completely. I have no regrets. Yes, I do have the precautions to contend with, but it hasn't been bad and it is temporary. I have found work...
  10. K

    On the other side again

    Glad to hear you are doing well! It is always nice to get home - much easier to rest. Wow, that is awesome that your husband was able to take an extended leave to help. The company will be awesome I am sure.
  11. K

    THR 12 weeks and 1 day since surgery--now what?

    I am almost 4 weeks out, but have experienced this for the past week-week and a half when I am out on my walks. My operated side is still gaining strength and I am trying to retrain the muscles to work right. Physical Therapy tells me my non operated side is working harder to compensate and...
  12. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    Update - tomorrow will be 4 weeks from surgery. I placed a gauze pad over my incision this morning to protect it from rubbing from the pants I wore to church. When I got home, about 3 hours later I removed the gauze because I was putting my comfy pants back on. I noticed it looks like I might...
  13. K

    Jak1's recovery thread

    I had surgery 2/13 @jak1 and still periodically feel some of the pains you describe. I still have quite a bit of swelling around the incision area. Especially towards the bottom just below where the incision ends. I've struggled with muscle spasms and tightness that seems to run from the...
  14. K

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    I did get the post earlier and had read through most of them. I didn't mean to misled, but was trying to be polite. It was good to have the reminder to refer to the article. I actually feel better today than I have for several days. I am definitely trying to take it easy and not let myself...
  15. K

    Hip Infection Anterior THR Recovery by KCDawg34

    Glad you are on the other side with surgery #2. Congratulations! I read through your posts with curiosity since I've been experiencing muscle spasms since my RTHR on 2/13. From what my husband said I was in recovery longer than anticipated because of muscle spasms. So they started right...
Back
Top Bottom