Recent content by KPup

  1. KPup

    TKR ROM issues

    Woohoo! That’s so exciting. I’m going to try next year. Congrats!!!
  2. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    I have a question. Starting to freak myself out a bit, and imaging that all kinds of things may be wrong. Although I do have swelling and muscle pain, my biggest pain is bone pain. I think it’s likely inflammation. But the shin pain is unbearable at times, and hurts up into my hip joint...
  3. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    6-week post op visit. X-rays look great! First time in about 45 years that my knees look healthy. A big win!!! ROM is good. Flexion 114 and extension -2 I was surprised that OS said 114 is excellent and that as swelling goes down it will improve. I thought they wanted us at 120 by this...
  4. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    Thanks for checking in @Layla ! Haven’t been online in while as I am back to work part time starting 11/13. At 6 weeks post op now. Have appointment w/OS tomorrow so will provide a more thorough update afterwards. Quad and hamstring pain has settled down and I am off opiates, at least...
  5. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    @Layla @Jamie thanks. I have PT today at 1. Will see what they can do or recommend.
  6. KPup

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Woohoo! You’re doing excellent! I too went to the store yesterday and drove. Congrats!!!!
  7. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    @Layla it’s like I’ve done a quad set to contract the muscle and can’t get it to it relax. It’s been almost 24 hours and I’m still contracted. No spasms or twitches. It’s stuck in a quad set.
  8. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    I have a question about quads. For the first 2 weeks couldn’t get my quad to fire. Now it’s fired all the time. It’s so ‘on’ that I can’t relax it and it’s so very tired. I can’t sleep. It hurts. It won’t relax or let go. I’ve searched for ideas for relief. Tried ice, heat massage...
  9. KPup

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Dmcfad2 you may want to consider asking for another refill. IMO you’ll need those 18 pills over the next six months. For me in my last TKR I was done with around the clock opiates by week 3-3.5. But I did need them for the fist six months, at least once a week. It was always after...
  10. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    @DogMom45 I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal. What is the reluctance with pain control and giving patients what they need? I sure hope you have you pain under control by now. My OS had me fill several RX 2 weeks prior to surgery so I had enough at home for the first week. It’s...
  11. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    My team said I could let water run over it. Just no soaking.
  12. KPup

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Dmcfad2 we are on a similar timeline. I’ve been taking oxy every 4. I’ve begun taking magnesium and melatonin with late night dose. With that I’ve been able to skip the middle of the night dose. I also feel both increased pain and WD. So I’ve decided to give it another week and...
  13. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    Well that post didn’t come out right. How long do I need to cover my incisions when showering?
  14. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    I forgot to ask OS. How long do I need to. Over my TKR incision when showering? Now that the Dressing has been removed can I shower without one, or do I need to wait until scar is mostly healed?
  15. KPup

    TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

    Today is day 15 post op. Bandage off. Good extension and flexion. Happy to be past the first major healing hump. Left 2 years. Right 2 weeks.
Back
Top Bottom