Recent content by kosinski

  1. kosinski

    TKR TKR Aug 6th: Doing well but still have questions

    HELP! I have an energy level concern and need your help or advice, please... Tomorrow will be 9 weeks post op TKR for me and I am a little concerned about my energy level. Some days I wake up fine, feeling almost "normal", then the next day I may have trouble even WAKING up. Then... there are...
  2. kosinski

    TKR TKR Aug 6th: Doing well but still have questions

    Thanks, guys! That's what I was thinking, so it's good to know you all agree. I actually went for my weekly PT visit the same afternoon I posted the original comment, and my therapist told me I didn't need to come back for 2 weeks. Having heard that, since my 6 week post-op visit will be on...
  3. kosinski

    TKR TKR Aug 6th: Doing well but still have questions

    Hi all... I had my Left TKR done on Aug 6th (2013) which followed my right TKR in 2012. While the surgeon, the hospital, the therapists, etc. have all been the same, the 2 experiences have been like night and day! First of all, this time I was only inpatient for ONE NIGHT (as opposed to 3 nights...
  4. kosinski

    TKR Recovering from TRKR on August 6

    Terrybiz ~ There must be something special about the date Aug. 6th... I had a TKR right leg that day as well and was only in the hospital one night! Is that nuts or what? :egypdance: I had my left TKR almost 15 months ago and it was a much slower recovery than I am experiencing this time...
  5. kosinski

    August Hot Shots 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in August?

    Count me in too, please! August 6th I'm having my Right TKR (I had my Left TKR done May 2012) and I'm ready to have both knees work well again! It's been an interesting year since my first surgery, but knowing this time what to expect, I'm hoping it will go at least as well as last year's did...
  6. kosinski

    TKR So exhausted - is this normal?

    My buddy Brian... Oh, how I wish I could have had you to talk to when the blues came over me during the first 5 or 6 weeks out. I am not a "depressed" person by nature, but out of NOWHERE, I would feel sad, almost as if the world was coming to an end and there was nothing I could do. I was...
  7. kosinski

    TKR Am I EVER going to be happy I made this decision...frustrated

    Hi Tight knees ~ I'm at 9 months and am having the SAME EXACT sensations that you are describing. I also feel the way you do about the recovery process.... Sloooooooow. Turtle :whistle: sloooooooow. But yes, WAY BETTER than the pain before the surgery! I'm having my right knee done in about 3...
  8. kosinski

    TKR So exhausted - is this normal?

    Brian, What would you do without us? :rotfl: I agree 100% with everything the others have told you!! I actually recovered fairly quickly, and started doing some online work from home in my 3rd week. HOWEVER... I was still exhaused, and PT along with your body trying to heal itself just takes a...
  9. kosinski

    TKR Am I EVER going to be happy I made this decision...frustrated

    Thank you, THANK YOU!! :yes!: I will absolutely keep you posted on everything since I'm about to go through it all over again. Don't know what I would have done without my Bonesmart supporters!! Truly :kittykiss:
  10. kosinski

    TKR Am I EVER going to be happy I made this decision...frustrated

    I am sooooo happy I found this particular conversation... At 9 months, I still think about my knee every day, even if it's fleeting. I still have some numbness (sp?) and nerve tingling. Occasionally, I'll have a shooting, stabbing pain that comes out of nowhere then it is GONE. Weird. My surgeon...
  11. kosinski

    TKR Tin Man on the "Wizard of Oz"

    Ooooo! Good point! Hadn't thought about it that way... thanks for sharing! :yes:
  12. kosinski

    TKR Back home in PA

    Amen! :iagree:
  13. kosinski

    TKR Tin Man on the "Wizard of Oz"

    Thanks for the reply! I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong or not doing enough or ... I was seriously considering have my other knee done in the fall, but if I don't get to the point where I can walk for a reasonable amount of time without my calf swelling or having to pop a percocet...
  14. kosinski

    TKR Tin Man on the "Wizard of Oz"

    Hi... I will be 10 weeks post-op in 2 days and I am still having some "issues" which I had expected to be gone by now! Jabs and pings out of nowhere, days when I can't extend my leg as well as I did even 2 weeks ago, pain in my calf (muscular, I believe) and still have trouble with walking any...
  15. kosinski

    TKR 9 going on 10 weeks

    Hi Marshmellow ~ Tylenol PM does the trick for me! Don't want to abuse it, but I NEEDED TO SLEEP!! Zzzzzzz.... Works like a charm :yes!:
Back
Top Bottom