Did you have your surgery - how are you doing? I've had multiple hip replacements, dislocations and infections and have no left hip replacement or joint now permanently. Two of four rotator cuff tendons completely torn and inoperable. Needing reverse total shoulder replacement but wondering...
Hey Debbie checking in to see how you're doing. LIke you I majored in hip replacements - multiple revisions, dislocations, infections and finally girdlestone for my left hip (removal of replacement and no left hip joint permanently). Discovered 2 of 4 rotator cuff tendons completely torn and...
I’m waiting for new implant too as part of two stage revision. No spacer this time. Did this two stage back in 2013-14 for previous infection. 10 hip surgeries as an adult - 7 on left hip; 3 on right.
Still using a walker and struggling to get around. Normally I have 3/4 inch difference in leg length. With the spacer I now have about a 3 inch difference which makes walking difficult. Muscles tend to hurt at night. Still having sleeping difficulties. I can get into bed on my own but...
Have found your thread here and see you've had implant removed about a month ago. I had mine out 4 months ago. It's improved but so hard. We have decided on putting new implant back in come may. Aspiration test clean though blood work still not great. Very limited mobility.
Update. Bone aspiration test last week was good (though it was last fall too yet was full of infection). Therapy numbers still higher than we'd like but decision made to proceed with stage two, surgery and new implant going in. Will likely be in may. Hopefully this will work as past three...
So have finished 8 wks of ABX. Crp levels were at 21, creeped up to 35 for two weeks and was at 45 today. I am so scared - I don't think the infection is going to go away. Plan is to be off meds for month, have bone aspiration get done on march21 and see if anything grows. If all is well...
Saw my surgeon on Tuesday - he feels I am doing great and was impressed by my mobility. Resident dr broke the spacer putting it in during surgery - it is still in and broken - not sure why they didn't change it. Have extended IV antibiotics for 2 extra weeks as insurance. Bone aspiration in 6...
Infection showed up about a week after left hip revision in jan 2011. Did not have normal symptoms to suggest anything wrong- incision split open after shower and infection contents started leaking out. Had debridement surgery then where hip was flushed out. Had 9 weeks of IV antibiotics then...
Thank you all, your comments have helped a lot as it seems with this procedure I'm likely right where I need to be. I can weight bare as tolerable. Sleep, moods, appetite all over the place. I am working my physio exercises okay with lateral exercise in bed actually going well. I know I am...
Last posted 3 years ago when infection developed in left hip revision. Endured infection until anemia set in. Implant removed Dec 2013 and spacer put in. Now on IV antibiotics again. Feeling very very frustrated with lack of progress and limited mobility. Can't sleep, spasms, tired, can only...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.