Recent content by KnitChica

  1. KnitChica

    MUA After MUA 5 days ago, at 11 weeks

    @Meggo My heart just ached for you when I read this! How horrible of PT to do that to your tender post-MUA knee! I am 13 weeks post op & had a MUA at 11 wks post op. I quit my PT at approx week 9. I didn’t return post MUA either. I truly believe (after reading all the awesome posts on here)...
  2. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    Thank you, lovely ladies, @Jaycey, @Jockette, and @sistersinhim for your encouraging words. Yes, it does make me angry, too, that they cause us so much stress! For me, it’s been so difficult to just totally “let go” of all expectations and, especially, to let go of all the “medical” advice and...
  3. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Jamie & @Pumpkln you are both so correct in stating how difficult it is to take off that “caregiver” hat & just let my body HEAL! In addition to those thoughts, for me, are also the thoughts that “if I relax too much or remain too inactive, then I’m going to relapse & never get my ROM”. This...
  4. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Jamie I realize how extensive my ADLs sound....i really am resting (not enough, I know) & icing! I begin thinking that, this far out (12 wks post op) that I sound be “biting the bullet” & charging thru. I forget about that stupid MUA 10 days ago & how much havoc it can wreak (even if it...
  5. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Jamie thank you so much for your helpful response. You asked about my ADLs....While I’m not back to work (I actually just retired in April from the medical field), my ADLs involve all my day: laundry, yard work, lighter cleaning (haven’t vacuumed yet), meals...just about everything, I’m...
  6. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Pumpkln thank you for your wise words. I will try to not do both the pedal bike & walking. I want to do it ALL, though, thinking I’ve got to keep this knee MOVING before it possibly forms adhesions again. I’m scared of going backwards; as it seems everything is right now.
  7. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    My MUA was Nov 4th.
  8. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    I feel as if I am in such desperation! I’ll reiterate some items from my previous posts....I’m 12 wks post op right TKR (left knee was replaced last year). With this knee, I’ve never gained beyond 95 degree flex/6-8 degree extension. At approx 9-10 wks post op I discontinued formal PT. Last...
  9. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Geoffa In your description of stair climbing, are you describing basically walking up the stairs on your tip toes to strengthen your quads?
  10. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    @Geoffa Thank you for your awesome & iconoclastic thoughts! And you asked a great question...but, I’m truly not sure how well my quad muscles are recovering. I can tell they’re weaker than they were pre-op, but haven’t noticed any significant change since then. It sounds like you have both an...
  11. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    Thank you to all of you for the awesome comments & support. So...it’s been almost 4 weeks since my last frustrated post. I’m currently 11 weeks post op with this left TKR. With much trepidation & a huge leap of faith, 2 1/2 weeks ago, I quit PT. It was a very scary move. And now I’m not sure...
  12. KnitChica

    MUA Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery

    Administration &/or moderators: would you please change my thread title to “Christina’s 2nd TKR Recovery” or something similar? Thank you in advance. I’m in need of some advice from you awesome troopers out there! :) So, I’ve been given the infamous MUA threat/suggestion. “Scar/adhesion”...
  13. KnitChica

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    @Starsfan22 Hi! :wave: My PT just applied ROCKTAPE (the original brand of kinesiology tape) on my 6 1/2 wk post-op knee for the 1st time on Friday. The thought is that it sort of “lifts” the skin to allow more blood flow & less swelling which lead to healing & less pain. It can also help...
  14. KnitChica

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's recovery journey

    I think it’s normal to have that numb feeling. I currently have that lateral numbness on my right knee and I’m 5 1/2 weeks post op. On my left knee which is 14 months post op, I have the majority of that lateral skin feeling back. I think you’re doing AWESOMELY!! To be a bilateral TKR & you’re...
  15. KnitChica

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's recovery journey

    @Oregon mom I know you wrote this a couple of weeks ago, but your words so perfectly express my thoughts on the whole asking for pain meds game! “and then having to call the ortho nurse to beg like an irresponsible child for more pain medication that I don't even want to be taking in the first...
Back
Top Bottom