Recent content by KnewKnee

  1. KnewKnee

    TKR Help

    Hang in there! It gets better! Take your meds, and Ice Ice Baby! :console2: Taza :SUNsmile:
  2. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    I had a setback over the weekend....did too much and experienced the aftermath of pain & exhaustion that I hadn't had for a few weeks. I actually knew beforehand that I was pushing it, and I was right! I'm very grateful for an easy week ahead, and for the pain pills I still have left! It...
  3. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @Pheebs52 Thanks for the kind encouragement! :egypdance: Taza :SUNsmile:
  4. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    I'm going to weigh in here with the opinion that the video shows deep water *bicycling* instead of deep water *jogging* bc the person does not extend through the back of the leg! The trainer that told me about this exercise strongly emphasized the importance of extending the heel "as if" I was...
  5. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @Arttie A personal trainer I worked with years ago clued me in to deep water jogging, but IDK what you mean by "speed intervals." What are they? I just do figure 8s in the deep end of the pool, running in slo-mo (and hearing Vangelis' "Chariots of Fire" in my mind's ear!). Taza :SUNsmile:
  6. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @Jajakio I see we had our surgeries pretty close. I'm cautiously optimistic that between the pool and the bike at my gym, I'll effect a full recovery without more PT. When yoga feels possible, I'll add that too, but I can do a lot of stretching on my own. Thanks for the input! Taza :SUNsmile:
  7. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    I'm happy to say that I got into a swimming pool Tuesday & Wednesday & did 15 minutes of deep water jogging. It helped so much! My knee felt like it worked much more smoothly afterwards, and it buoyed my spirit as well! I have felt so clunky and have gained some weight since the surgery. I know...
  8. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @bland9 I'm self-employed, so I am going to schedule one client per day, which leaves plenty of R&R time with ice! (Being self-employed also means zero PTO, unfortunately!) I appreciate your input & am sorry you're having a tough time with re-entry into the working world. :sad: Taza :SUNsmile:
  9. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @SusieShoes I'm great at ignoring the yard work! And my style of housekeeping is best described as "indoor camping"! :heehee: Taza :SUNsmile:
  10. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    I'm back home (last Sunday) after 6.5 weeks at my sweetie's house. The yard is a complete mess! The house wasn't much better! The first 2 days were definitely weird as I rediscovered my usual routines. But getting back into the swing of things at home helps me feel as though I'm truly ready to...
  11. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    I hope I can successfully attach a pic of the electric-knee-cooler-pump my GF loaned me! It makes icing much easier. I'm sure lots of you already know about these! On another note, I returned to the OS again today about the infection. A week of Keflex (cephalexin) didn't get rid of the puffy...
  12. KnewKnee

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    Truer words were never typed! :rotfl: Taza :SUNsmile:
  13. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    Thanks for all those smiles this morning! :snork: :snork: :snork: I am all cozy with my homemade RICE setup: a stretchy Ace wrap for the 1st layer, flexible ice-alcohol pack 2nd layer, older Ace bandage 3rd layer. The mountain of pillows & my second cuppa. I went to a friend's house for...
  14. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @Lil Cyborg I'm noticing that some of the folks here have named their new knees! Yours is Bob & I think @Canada35 calls hers Spence. But why a guy's name? :what: Just curious! I never thought of it. But now I will! Taza :SUNsmile:
  15. KnewKnee

    TKR Member, ODIC --TKR 24 July 17

    @kneeper That was the first actual "before and after" comparison that really showed me the difference! I guess I went in to the surgery thinking that I could have waited longer, but now I am not sure about that! Maybe I just didn't want to admit how bad it had gotten, even though it was pretty...
Back
Top Bottom