I sympathize with you. My own story similar, but I'm 8 months out & on my 3rd Physiotherapist regime (tho I find Samantha smiths online class to be reasonable re stress: recovery). At this point, I (masters program in sports injury) think I have scar tissue limiting my flexion at 93. I used to...
Hello from another person on the slow track. When my surgeon d/c ed PT after 3 mos, I was 0 for extension & 95-111 on flexion. À 3 phase nuclear imàge about 6 mo out showed blood flow was good & there is still bone activity. Surgeon said wait til one year to reevaluate. I just started a second...
My knee spontaneously shifted during a recent casual indoor walk & it hurt acutely. Monitoring, I m guessing a section of scar tissue tore, as my lateral knee area is slightly more mobile. The journey continues. Keep on truckin
@EalingGran Thanks for posting the research re hydrogel. It's a small study , but a positive improvement lasting at least 4 yrs is encouraging. I will watch for more info on this option to a second TKR.
My own ups & downs have had similarities to your journey. Stopped mainstream PT after 3 months with best assisted flex of 111. I seek input from a couple of YouTube PTs, this forum & my past experience with grad work in Athletic Training . I found help with my Guarding Tensioñ from vids by...
Well, it's always felt like that, even when PT was assisting, but my pain threshold & guarding are mixed in there too. The PT said it felt like I was fighting her when she asstd. One day I had a dif PT who had me do wall slides with my good leg supporting/under surgical leg vs on top as a...
Re peddling. First min (no resistance ) is uncomfortable & the rest is more Strange. Stairs , I do one at a time still & about 10 max. Quads now are fine with straight leg lifts, tho the first month they occas convulsed & kept me awake. I had a year of mid level wt room work in pre op & I do...
My surgeon has not brot up MUA, tho I feared he would. The nuclear 3 phase scan is set in late May, due to hosp backlog. How would I recognize a Hard Stop & in what position should I test?
I am doing (2) daily 10-15 min sessions of gravity dangling, ROM exercises, & peddling. While my pain is less, my unasst flexion still looks like low 90s & I am quite stiff at patellar tendon + a band laterally from lower IT attachment thru upper 6" of Tibialis anterior. Surgeon is scheduling a...
You are an inspiration!! My max flex asstd was 111 & my surgeon d/c PT then. I continue to do 2 home sessions daily oh ROM & peddling. my unasst flex looks like low 90s, still not wanting a MUA but yours has worked well for you.
I just was able to view Josephine's 10 wk guide, under item 5 in the Welcome Guide . Very helpful, concrete examples. Bless You Josephine, wherever you are.
Thxforcheckin. Still very stiff, but I gravity hang over edge of bed easier & have less pain .my latest Progress index is How Long can I Sleep continuously, which has improved. Still, it would be nice to get Flexion above 90. I do two ROM exercise sessions in on most days . My surgeon offered...
Thank you Jamie. I have just now (Sun 2/9) found your Mon 2/3 offer. I would love to use the one month trial offer of Premium. Please send me the discount code.
@poppypony. RTKR 9/16/24. I also got a new stiffness setbaçk a week ago on the outside & lower from the knee. No new activities to trigger it, just woke up feeling like an old school wooden ruler got inserted alongside my knee joint. Wish we had ßoft tissue x-ray eyes so we could see what's...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.