Recent content by KneeCarer

  1. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    6 weeks today anniversary! Today saw the Occupational Therapist rather than the PT at her first at hospital PT appointment. They seemed pleased enough but did note her swollen leg is swollen solid especially around the calf. They measured her at -10 and 80 (she came out of hospital at 60). I...
  2. KneeCarer

    TKR Mom2Lucy's Recovery Thread

    Hi! Mum's knee/leg is still very swollen and her ROM is 80 and -10. Can walk about with a single crutch and often without round the house. Sounds like you are having similar journeys!
  3. KneeCarer

    TKR Mom2Lucy's Recovery Thread

    Mum, your knee twin, still has a hugely swollen leg and that is stopping any bending. She too said she is having real feeling flat moments, especially at night. I think it's a mixture of tiredness, discomfort, boredom and frustration.
  4. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    Hello all! Sorry we've been quiet - the days blur. Working from home and on the work laptop, trying to keep the house running! good news - we are back to the pain relief as pre-operation. bad news - the leg is still extremely swollen at just over 4 weeks. Also the foot on the other leg has...
  5. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    I think one of the worries is how do you know the swelling is as expected/result of the tkr or if it is a symptom of an infection etc I do worry I may be missing something (but that is probably late night paranoia!)
  6. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    Thank you - these articles and other people's experiences have made us feel so much better and confident!
  7. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    TKR Oct 4th, bruising after 2 days, full length of leg, Oct 10th back home, blisters due to PICO edge, all intact, non deroofed! Oct 15 (11 days), blisters have flattened. Staples removed next day. Oct 19 Blisters have scabbed and starting to flake off! One tiny bit of incision still...
  8. KneeCarer

    TKR Mum's journey with chronic pain

    Hello Everyone. Firstly this forum and site has been nothing short of a god send! My Mum Sue, on whose behalf I am posting as she by her own admission is rubbish at keeping up with forums and Facebook etc!. I'm Rebecca. Mum is 67 and had a right TKR just over two weeks ago on Oct 4th (UK) All...
Back
Top Bottom