Recent content by Kneebe

  1. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    Same in MN, have been reading what to eat and drink to stay warmer. Certain foods and spicies help. Now if I could find someone who liked to cook....
  2. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    Well, I am now 8 weeks post op. I still need Tramadol and Tylenol at night to sleep. I have been walking and keeping up on strengthening PT exercises. I thought I was doing so well, but today I spent 20 minutes on a golf driving range and haven’t done well afterwards. For one thing, I get...
  3. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    Thanks to all of you that gave me valuable information to help me through the “4-5” weeks slump. It was hard to see past the pain, lack of energy, isolation and how healing seemed to stretch on indefinitely. It helped to get pain management information. Celle, I took your advice and started on...
  4. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    I would like to hear other peoples’ journeys and helpful hints for getting off of opioids when still having pain, Can I take ibuprofen because I am on blood thinners for clots in my lungs. 5 weeks post RTKR
  5. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    at 5 weeks post op, I feel a lot of mental fatique and collapse into tears at the end of the day. My motivation is zip and sometimes I can spend the whole day in bed. Then I feel guilty since I have done none of my PT for the day and I’m worried I slipped backwards. I’m normally a very social...
  6. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    I am now 4 1/2 weeks postop. This week I cut back on PT and gave my body a rest. One of the best things I’ve done. In addition, I went to a chiropractor and had some acupuncture. This help to reduce the pain I felt from doing PT, Including increased knee pain, shooting pains in my calves...
  7. K

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Can you add me to Nov 11 surgery date right leg TKR. Kneebe
  8. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    Jancat, thank you for your reply. It helps to know I am not alone in this. I am 4 weeks out and still have as much surgery pain, random leg shooting pain, and pain or sore muscles in my thigh as I did at 3 weeks. Do they put tourniquets around your thigh.?And why would I still feel that 4 weeks...
  9. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    My TKR surgery was 11-11-19. I already had bone on bone arthritis in the inside of the knee and under my kneecap, but I injured my knee early January 2019 by hiking, dancing, and playing Pickleball when I was injured.It is my right knee. I had TKR on my left knee in October 2010. It has healed...
  10. K

    TKR 4 weeks post op and need encouragement

    I am 4 weeks post op, and need some encouragement to handle the uneven recovery process. I can feel really well one hour and depressed and pain filled in the evening. I have random pains in certain areas like my calf and the inside of my knee. Is it possible to over stretch ligaments, muscles or...
Back
Top Bottom