Recent content by knee

  1. K

    "new" pain management recovery system

    Recently, I heard from a Dr. in New Hampshire, that there was a new pain management system spreading through the country using steroids and lanocane. Do you know what this proceedure involves? Shots I'd presume, before, after surgery? How many? He spoke of the nurses in the knee recovery...
  2. K

    Bursitis

    In sparing my "no cartilege "right knee, I over used the left knee, resulting in the most unpleasant inflamation of the Hoffa's Fat Pad. This burning at a constant level of 6-7 on a scale of 1 to 10 that no pain meds relieve...has really rendered me rather helpless. I cancelled a Jan. right...
  3. K

    "space" between bones...according to MRI

    So, what did the Dr. do while he was looking in with the arthroscopy? Did he just look and then close you up, bring you back and then tell you the corrected prognosis? If its exploratory...was it? How long were you out of commission...if he did nothing but look, I'm asuming you were up and...
  4. K

    "space" between bones...according to MRI

    Josephine! You do the most amazing job on answering most of everyone's questions...are you a DR.? I will keep hunting...glad I started "hunting" before I was in worse condition! You are very helpful! Thanks!
  5. K

    "space" between bones...according to MRI

    Hi! I know I am skipping all ove the place..but you have been so helpful in presenting "facts" that I seem to miss in my surgical meetings...think I haven't found the surgeon...but in the meantime..thought I'd ask. Finally, got Dr. to agree he could present a "case" for getting the right...
  6. K

    osteo-arthritis questions

    Probably not spelled correctly...who'd planned to have this disease in the first place. What I want imput on from you out there knowledgable in this field...is this disease progresses from joint to joint, right? I have bunnions...but they don't hurt..thank god! Thumbs were next. Got one...
  7. K

    OK! now, how do you get the surgeon to do the job?

    I'm hoping both MRI's when viewed without any excuses will help the decision. He wants to do an orthoscopsy...with only a 60% recovery rate...then 2-4 months rehab...for what? Just to turn around and do it again? I just don't get it. And I'm certainly not excited about all the grind ahead...
  8. K

    OK! now, how do you get the surgeon to do the job?

    I think I like you! I get to thinking sometimes, that I'm the one not thinking reasonably...doubting myself..doesn't help the anxiety...I plan to confront him when I have both MRI's in front of him, and simply ask, based on the pictures, when does he think ...and I apparently haven't made...
  9. K

    OK! now, how do you get the surgeon to do the job?

    So, I read up on everything surgical. Have no cartilage in either knee...plus minescus(sp) tears...MRI's done for proof...and this surgeon whom everyone in San Francisco thinks is super with the surgical skills...backs down and says "there are steps to follow...we try to delay knee...
  10. K

    Bilaterial knee surgery

    Thanks for your wonderful reply! You were in such great shape looks like before surgery..What made you finally do both knees? You didn't mention pain or inablility to move. What upper body exercises were your best? I have arthritis in both thumb joints. One had surgery...the other is pretty...
  11. K

    Bilaterial knee surgery

    Tell me about the rehab 10 days. What was it like first day? Big surge of pain? Lots of adjusting to discomfort? How about the CMP or CPM machine...did they use it at the same time for both knees? How did the therapists at the rehab work with you daily? Sure would appreciate any and all details...
  12. K

    Bilaterial knee surgery

    Thank you for reply. What medications did you use? Ice machine? TENS or Interferential pain management machines? Sleep in recliner or bed? How long in Skilled Nursing facility? When did you have them done? Prodon me asking, but how old are you? In good shape otherwise physically? I...
  13. K

    Bilaterial knee surgery

    Those of you who have had both knees replaced at same time...I am female, 67 years old, arthtitis taken all carliledge in both knee joints...looking for facts from you who have gone thru this proceedure. What are the pitfalls? How do you manage the major bathroom issues with two unbendable...
  14. K

    Pain meds most helpful, where to put all the equipment and what kids..incl portapotty

    Hi! I am way behind the learning curve as I just saw with my own little eyes the MRI of right knee. I have degenerative arthritis..because all these years..I have been hyper flexible and flexed all my joints so much arthrtitis has moved in! So, on to the nuts and bolts. What equipment...
Back
Top Bottom