Recent content by Kmhark

  1. K

    TKR Questions

    My physical therapist told me daily I was behind, he was sure at 7 weeks and 103° rom my OS would do an MUA. He was wrong. OS said as long as I was progressing he was fine with 103. Wanted me at 115° by 12 weeks, ideally 125° but at 115 I could do most things without issue. If I stopped...
  2. K

    TKR Deep knee bend

    I have a painful area next to incision. It feels like metal. I asked OS about it and he said that area of the knee takes the biggest assault during surgery. It's not metal and it will get better over time. If it didn't hurt so much I think I could get more ROM. Good luck!
  3. K

    TKR TKR/RA

    Josephine I am always open to questions. I just now got back to this site. Thanks for the advice everyone. I am just getting frustrated because I think the swelling is hindering pt progress. I made Rom gains weekly and have been stuck at 103 for nearly 2 weeks.
  4. K

    TKR TKR/RA

    SO MUCH SWELLING! Yesterday was 8 weeks post op. Stuck at 103° for past week. I saw Rheumatologist yesterday. I have had so much swelling in tkr leg just walking around not even pt since last friday. Both knees ache all the time especially at night, so he put me on Actemra for RA and to deal...
  5. K

    TKR TKR/RA

    I have used Methotrexate and Enbrel, neither worked well. I see rheumatologist next week so we will see what he wants to do. Today I saw OS and he was happy about my rom! My pt had me convinced i was getting MUA. OS said 103° was good and by week 12 he would like 125° but if i only get to 115°...
  6. K

    TKR TKR/RA

    I had TKR Jan 30, 2017. Today begins week 7. I too was told my ROM was low and needed to be at 120° by 6 weeks. I am at 103° today. Pt keeps saying I will need MUA even though every day I get a little better. I have RA and have had 2 flare ups , now both legs are aching/throbbing at night...
Back
Top Bottom